Small question regarding reinjection for YOSE

CivilBarbarian

Hello, I've been trying to mod the YOSE version for a bit now, and I've almost done it, but I'm stuck on reinjecting the files back into the game. I followed the directions of another forum thread hear from 2015, but it doesn't say anything about reinjecting files, only extracting and modifying them. I'd ask there, but as I've said it's six years old and can't be interacted with. If there's anyone who knows what to do, please let me know.

Extract the files.

edit xml

use xml2bmd to convert the xml back to bmd

place in the same folder path in the actual game directory, with two exceptions:

breakdown is extracted to sandbox directory. when putting files back in game, the initial game\sandbox levels are removed.

(example: Game\sandbox\game\libs\class3.1 becomes Game\libs\class3.1)

lifeline is similar, extracted to the beltway directory.

That is it. Uncompressed xml won't be read in most cases, so if there is a bmd in the extracted, it needs to be bmd in the actual game files.

Extract the files.

edit xml

use xml2bmd to convert the xml back to bmd

place in the same folder path in the actual game directory, with two exceptions:

breakdown is extracted to sandbox directory. when putting files back in game, the initial game\sandbox levels are removed.

(example: Game\sandbox\game\libs\class3.1 becomes Game\libs\class3.1)

lifeline is similar, extracted to the beltway directory.

That is it. Uncompressed xml won't be read in most cases, so if there is a bmd in the extracted, it needs to be bmd in the actual game files.

And what if the files were in a .pak?