Falling Snow *Blue Squares* Graphical Glitch

Blitty

So, I have like a buttload of mods loaded onto skyrim. I hadn't seen any snow or rain until just recently I was high enough elevation for snow, and encountered this.

Anyone know what mod(s) might be responsible for this? I had seen a picture or a video of it once before, and looked for it for like, hours, but I couldn't manage to find it. Any insight would be much obliged.

Just thought I'd chime in and say I had this problem also. My squares were bright blue instead of dark blue, but it's likely that the problem is very similar. I spent a while fixing it but I'm not precisely sure how, I'm going to write everything I remember doing and hope you can figure it out from your mod config.

I'm using many of graphical mods including ENB and all of the 'Skyrim performance plus' files (rain, snow, blah).

I thought it would be one of those, so I first uninstalled the skyrim performance plus snow file... that did nothing.

I then installed an ENB particle patch and an ENB Snow FX esp... also nothing.

I also had 'wet and cold' + ash patch and also 'get snowy' + ash patch without realising that these do similar/the same thing/s and so I removed get snowy and then that seemed to not work...

THEN I used console commands to turn the snow on and off (http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Console_Commands_(Skyrim)/Weather)

(bearing in mind that before I used the commands there were still blue squares)

I changed the weather to clear (10e1f2) and then to:

c8221 - SkyrimStormSnow

and then to:

4d7fb - SkyrimOvercastSnow

and both of these weather effects displayed no blue squares.

So what I can conclude for now is that it's fixed and it could've been any of those mod changes I listed above, and that you might have to change the weather if you saved it during the blue-square-blizzard.

Edited by Gazareth2000

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Removing ENB Snow FX esp, is what fixed this for me.

This just randomly happened to me after installing the Falskaar mod - which might I add is awesome. Anyways, no matter what I did I could not fix it, found BloodMourns post and it worked. Simply go to your Data Files within the Skyrim launcher and deselect the .esp file he mentions. For me it was actually CR ENB Snow FX.esp

Thank you BloodMourn...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...