Why does nobody talk about mods that have no plugin in load order

dragonyter
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

Loot only organizes plugins, some mods that use custom skeletons, meshes, textures that are a resource for multiple things, require them to have a certain load order to work, specially animations and skeletons.

BUT since vortex's loot only deal with plugins, you have no solutions for this cause if it causes no conflict between files, not to mention some mod orders make vortex think a mod is redundant when its not.

For ex. I got a b42 inertia mod in Fallout NV that requires compatibility skeleton but does not work in any way with b42 quickthrow and asurah animations, when it would be simple to set this up in other mod managers.

We need a way to manage everything.

Edited by dragonyter

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vortex allows you to manage asset files on a per mod or per file basis. You can tell it to load such resources in any order you want.

Â

What is causing you a problem?

W8 how? Where?

The problem is compatibility skeleton doesn't work with quickthrow, so I need a way for quickthrow to override both the inertia mod and compatibility skeleton, otherwise I get a bone missing message. I know other pple get it to work but absolutely none of em use vortex.

Edited by dragonyter

Loot only organizes plugins, some mods that use custom skeletons, meshes, textures that are a resource for multiple things, require them to have a certain load order to work, specially animations and skeletons.

BUT since vortex's loot only deal with plugins, you have no solutions for this cause if it causes no conflict between files, not to mention some mod orders make vortex think a mod is redundant when its not.

For ex. I got a b42 inertia mod in Fallout NV that requires compatibility skeleton but does not work in any way with b42 quickthrow and asurah animations, when it would be simple to set this up in other mod managers.

Mods with NO Esp are managed on the MOD tab.

Vortex scans for conflicts, and if a conflict is found, Vortex notifies you of it, and let's you decide if the mod should LOAD AFTER, or LOAD BEFORE the other conflicting mod.

I.E. should Mod A's textures and meshes overwrite Mod B's textures and meshes, or vice versa

Vortex handles mod sorting in two ways like that

Once on the MOD Tab, and Once on the Plugins tab.

Â

Â

Vortex scans for conflicts, and if a conflict is found, Vortex notifies you of it, and let's you decide if the mod should LOAD AFTER, or LOAD BEFORE the other conflicting mod.

I.E. should Mod A's textures and meshes overwrite Mod B's textures and meshes, or vice versa

Well it isn't good enough, it loads after everything and overrides the skeleton. nif in all cases but then I go in game its like its not even there. These auto functions are nice 99% of the time but in cases like these I'd rather control things myself Edited by dragonyter

Vortex's controls are way more robust than the ones in MO2. If you aren't able to get it to work then you are not giving it the right instructions.

Â

Do you have a link that describes how to make it work in MO2?

Nope I just know pple made it work cause theres videos of em saying what they use and comments, just said basically lol "not vortex". Anyway the mod author himself says its not compatible without a patch but then theres youtube videos of pple using both.

Maybe it worked with earlier versions(though not likely) or they patched em themselves.

But I'd still just rather have both full manual support for vortex and everything its got now.

I'ma just go ahead and butcher the mods themselves to hopefully make patches.

Edited by dragonyter

Â

Â

Well it isn't good enough, it loads after everything and overrides the skeleton. nif in all cases but then I go in game its like its not even there. These auto functions are nice 99% of the time but in cases like these I'd rather control things myself

No it doesn't.

If you have a skeleton installed, then it's not being overwritten by ANYTHING.

You are not understanding how Vortex works.

The only way a skeleton is overwritten is if you have more than one installed