Why does nobody talk about mods that have no plugin in load order

dragonyter
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

Guest deleted34304850

no one called you out. you were asked to provide information and failed spectacularly at doing exactly that.

Now we're in to the metaphorical foot stamping tantrums. you can stand by whatever you want. your words carry no value here because you simply don't understand the basics. that is all on you.

good luck with your game.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you need to gracefully accept well meaning advice and be thankful. you also need to tone down the attitude somewhat.

its no-ones fault that you didn't read the mod instructions and don't understand how the mod manager you're using works. thats all on you.

there's no fanboy stuff here, we have posts someone who doesn't know what they're talking about (you) demanding something that's been in the product since day one. nothing more, nothing less.

Who wouldn't get pissed off when they get called out instead of being told nicely, I told you guys what you needed to know about what I was using and he clearly states both don't work together. And even if im wrong thats not how pple should go about explaining stuff. I have more than a screen full of conflicts with this specific thing, many other mods use skeleton.nif and ragdolls, its just too much to fully explain, whenever i changed one conflict it broke another or ran into cyclic orders. But I did eventually find one that does not break anything.

I stand by my statement that vortex needs full manual control in addition to its normal ones. Its way easier to deal with when u got like 100 conflics cause u have 300 mods installed that change some of the same things, for small lists its easy and great and it has lots of features I'd never give up now, but its not perfect.

This is why nerds get bullied...

I know exactly what you mean mate. Like you, I'm also an entitled whinger who thinks that reading an app's supporting documentation is for nerds. I mean, if the dev had just made the app exactly how I expect it to operate, docs and tutorial videos which explain in plain English how to resolve the exact issue you were having, would be redundant.

It's pretty arrogant that people, nerds even, should expect me to read/watch those.

No wonder they get bullied.

I stand by your statements too. They're even funnier up close.....

you need to gracefully accept well meaning advice and be thankful. you also need to tone down the attitude somewhat.

its no-ones fault that you didn't read the mod instructions and don't understand how the mod manager you're using works. thats all on you.

there's no fanboy stuff here, we have posts someone who doesn't know what they're talking about (you) demanding something that's been in the product since day one. nothing more, nothing less.

Who wouldn't get pissed off when they get called out instead of being told nicely, I told you guys what you needed to know about what I was using and he clearly states both don't work together. And even if im wrong thats not how pple should go about explaining stuff. I have more than a screen full of conflicts with this specific thing, many other mods use skeleton.nif and ragdolls, its just too much to fully explain, whenever i changed one conflict it broke another or ran into cyclic orders. But I did eventually find one that does not break anything.

I stand by my statement that vortex needs full manual control in addition to its normal ones. Its way easier to deal with when u got like 100 conflics cause u have 300 mods installed that change some of the same things, for small lists its easy and great and it has lots of features I'd never give up now, but its not perfect.

This is why nerds get bullied...

I know exactly what you mean mate. Like you, I'm also an entitled whinger who thinks that reading an app's supporting documentation is for nerds. I mean, if the dev had just made the app exactly how I expect it to operate, docs and tutorial videos which explain in plain English how to resolve the exact issue you were having, would be redundant.

It's pretty arrogant that people, nerds even, should expect me to read/watch those.

No wonder they get bullied.

I stand by your statements too. They're even funnier up close.....

again.. I read everything in their own documentation, I said what mods I was using that matter most in this context, was not asking for help so it was not relevant and why I didn't fully explain, I was just giving an example. I only asked what feature it had for managing assets cause I was curious, turns out there wasn't anything I didn't know already. And you pple acted like smartasses from the start, I do not take s*** from anyone, end of story. You people are not only bad at social interaction but even more rude than I am when I do get pissed off so like I said I'ma go away now, ya'll can screetch and moan all you like and if you feel like I'm an a**hole for reacting the way I did,,it's only cause you aren't able to have a conversation with valid points and without assumptions.

I never meant to imply s*** can't be done at all in vortex its just that it can be better than it already is.

there's a mark twain quote "never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" now we all believe we aren't that stupid person, so this is going nowhere.

Edited by dragonyter

again.. I read everything in their own documentation, I said what mods I was using that matter most in this context, was not asking for help so it was not relevant and why I didn't fully explain, I was just giving an example. I only asked what feature it had for managing assets cause I was curious, turns out there wasn't anything I didn't know already. And you pple acted like smartasses from the start, I do not take s*** from anyone, end of story. You people are not only bad at social interaction but even more rude than I am when I do get pissed off so like I said I'ma go away now, ya'll can screetch and moan all you like and if you feel like I'm an a**hole for reacting the way I did,,it's only cause you aren't able to have a conversation with valid points and without assumptions.

I never meant to imply s*** can't be done at all in vortex its just that it can be better than it already is.

there's a mark twain quote "never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" now we all believe we aren't that stupid person, so this is going nowhere.

Luckily 1ae0bfb8 Quoted your post before you deleted and edited it, where you're complaining about Cyclic Rules, which shows that you were using Vortex incorrectly, because Cyclic rules are caused by putting things into groups they don't belong in, then trying to make the ESP load BEFORE OR AFTER an ESP that's in a different Group, which causes the cyclic rule.

EX: Group A loads after Group B

YOu put Mod A in Group A, and Mod B in Group B

Then you make a rule to load Mod B BEFORE Mod A, now you get a cyclic rule, because you're trying to force something in Group B, (That loads AFTER Group A) to now load BEFORE Group A

If you were familiar with this, you would've known before even sorting that you would get a cyclic rule from that.

If you had just allowed Vortex to sort and manage your Load Order, it would've done the job correctly, and only would've asked you about LOAD BEFORE and LOAD AFTER, however, after reading your posts, you made it quite clear that YOU were trying to force Vortex to do something that it wasn't designed to do, which is why you had the trouble you did.

Were you trying to follow some Guide?

If so, DON'T, guides are just OPINIONS by people who think they know what they're doing.

After reading your troubles it became very obvious WHY you were having troubles, and NONE of it was caused by Vortex, and was instead caused by the person trying to force Vortex to be MO2 or NMM.

We have all seen this PLENTY of times here in the support forum, and we can easily tell when Vortex is actually the problem, and when PEBCAK is actually the problem, because We've Seen it all.

Luckily 1ae0bfb8 Quoted your post before you deleted and edited it, where you're complaining about Cyclic Rules, which shows that you were using Vortex incorrectly, because Cyclic rules are caused by putting things into groups they don't belong in, then trying to make the ESP load BEFORE OR AFTER an ESP that's in a different Group, which causes the cyclic rule.

Then you make a rule to load Mod B BEFORE Mod A, now you get a cyclic rule, because you're trying to force something in Group B, (That loads AFTER Group A) to now load BEFORE Group A

If you were familiar with this, you would've known before even sorting that you would get a cyclic rule from that.

If you had just allowed Vortex to sort and manage your Load Order, it would've done the job correctly, and only would've asked you about LOAD BEFORE and LOAD AFTER, however, after reading your posts, you made it quite clear that YOU were trying to force Vortex to do something that it wasn't designed to do, which is why you had the trouble you did.

If so, DON'T, guides are just OPINIONS by people who think they know what they're doing.

After reading your troubles it became very obvious WHY you were having troubles, and NONE of it was caused by Vortex, and was instead caused by the person trying to force Vortex to be MO2 or NMM.

We have all seen this PLENTY of times here in the support forum, and we can easily tell when Vortex is actually the problem, and when PEBCAK is actually the problem, because We've Seen it all.

Now that's a post that I can appreciate, as well as the lesson, it isn't needed though, it was a mistake on my part but only due to how these rules are set in vortex cause it's really annoying to use and remember what rule you set when you got a large list of conflicts and lots of em had to have specific orders to work like I wanted.

I used mod organizer and NMM in the past and I also often edited mods to make em work together, I just stopped using them in favor of vortex cause I only heavily mod bethesda games and I was done with em for years, that doesn't mean I don't know anything about modding, it's quite the opposite, I can pretty much do everything( not well, but still everything), I just don't do it other than for what I strictly need, cause it doesn't pay, but I have my gripes with Vortex in particular and its why I posted in the first place.

If nobody here wants to accept vortex could be better, fine, but a crazy amount of people do not like and will never use vortex after they try it, for these specific reasons mainly and its irrelevant whether or not it can be done if it won't be done in vortex, right?

Edited by dragonyter

Guest deleted34304850

Now that's a post that I can appreciate, as well as the lesson, it isn't needed though, it was a mistake on my part but only due to how these rules are set in vortex cause it's really annoying to use and remember what rule you set when you got a large list of conflicts and lots of em had to have specific orders to work like I wanted.

I used mod organizer and NMM in the past and I also often edited mods to make em work together, I just stopped using them in favor of vortex cause I only heavily mod bethesda games and I was done with em for years, that doesn't mean I don't know anything about modding, it's quite the opposite, I can pretty much do everything( not well, but still everything), I just don't do it other than for what I strictly need, cause it doesn't pay, but I have my gripes with Vortex in particular and its why I posted in the first place.

If nobody here wants to accept vortex could be better, fine, but a crazy amount of people do not like and will never use vortex after they try it, for these specific reasons mainly and its irrelevant whether or not it can be done if it won't be done in vortex, right?

its not about vortex being better.

you asked for a feature which has been in it since day 1.

thing is - everyone who responded to you knows this. the one who didn't know was you. hence you asking for a feature improvement.

when it was pointed out to you that the feature already existed - you bullied some nerds, or something?

in regards to other people not liking vortex - thats life. ain't no-one here going to lose a bead of sweat about that, and neither should you. however, now you know that it contains the feature you thought you needed, isn't it just the best mod manager around?

I really don't understand what you think could be made better anyway?

In MO2, you set the overall load order for mod assets by changing the priority of the mods in the left pane. In Vortex you do so by setting a "Load Before" and/or "Load after" rule when you install the mod. It amounts to the same thing and can be changed at any time.

In MO2 if you want "Mod B" to overwrite "Mod A" except for a single file "File C", then you have to delete "File C" from "Mod B". In Vortex you can just make a specific rule for "File C" saying to use the version from "Mod A" instead and you don't have to delete anything at all.

Neither version is more complicated, you simply have to learn the new method and stop trying to use the old one.

It's good for the most part, I just don't like how you deal with conflicts manually with it, that could be betrer, already wasted too much time here.
I was supposed to use this time to modify some mods or make ones from scratch that work with my mod list. For now one that disables the pipboy flashlight and one that adds a better separate flashlight. And i didn't even start looking into it. Or a single one that does both, dunno.

Edit: the flashlight thing was too easy, took 10 seconds, with 7 for FNVEdit to load :D

Edited by dragonyter

You keep saying "it can be better" without giving a way it could be better. It's been improved a few times already...it's not like they are adverse to suggestions. Right now it has "load before" and "load after" and even will make suggestions for you if you want. MO2 doesn't have any of that.