Why does nobody talk about mods that have no plugin in load order

dragonyter
Go to solution Solved by HadToRegister,

Dude

LOL

Honestly I didn't look at any tutorial, what I want vortex to do is have a single list whith all mods, without separating the archives from the files so much when you select their order manually and resolving conflicts. Much easier than installing stuff resolving conflicts, having a patch leftover or two, cause it takes a little getting used to the logic this app has for ordering them, then manually selecting them to apply to the right mod( I understand it but its not correct) . Then if you got another patch from another mod that needs to apply to the same file, I dunno what you do. I was just lucky that either patch was similar so it didn't break any of these mods.

You got too many screens too look over, remember ur previous choices and its too convoluted.

I didn't bother explaining it cause nobody got what I was saying, at least at first and that I'd have to draw it to make sure it was understood on why its bad, not to belittle anyone but, changing someones mind isn't easy and I'm better at drawing than explaining purely in words.

This is what I was asking for, not what it already has, cause its shitty.

FNVedit is only for esp's, recently made rudy's weather and darker nights compatible, was gonna do nevada skies but the author quit and doesn't allow updates to his work.

I work as a graphic design project manager, I can do everything from art/textures to animations well. I'm not new to mods either.

I repeteadly told u guys I don't need the help and I wanted to just talk about how vortex could be better.

YOu've been modding how long, and you "Don't know what to do with a patch that applies to the same mod the other patch did?

Seriously?

Vortex uses LOOT.

Nobody "got" what you were saying because you were doing a poor job of conveying what you meant.

Anyway, what's a "Single List" without Mods?

What does that even MEAN?

What list are you referring to?

The Conflict Page Rules list?

You know you can set the UI so it's smaller so you can see more on the screen.

Go to SETTINGS---->THEME and pick COMPACT you can change the font size, and reduce the margins as well etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vortex offers more control than MO2. It actually has "full manual control" of assets. MO2 does not. In MO2 you have to delete files to prevent them from conflicting. You just need to put some effort into understanding how it works and how to best use it.

Vortex was created by the original creator of Mod Organizer and was created to be more powerful and robust than MO2. Regardless of what "people on YouTube" say about it.

Did you know that is not true? That you can control assets in MO2? Just by moving things around on the left hand pane of MO2? It has been a feature since Mod Organizer. There is a lightning symbol, with either a grey, yellow with a green plus, yellow with green plus and red minus, and a yellow with a red minus. you can move the mods around so that you have what you need where you need it. There is also a data tab that you can look at and it has a conflict box there. You can resolve conflicts using that box. And you don't have to delete files. You can do a few things with them. Inside MO2, you can hide the file you don't want. Move the file into an optional folder. Open in explorer, and manually move the file that you don't want outside of of the mod you don't want to use said file from. Open explorer yourself, navigate there yourself, and do it yourself. And you don't have to delete a thing. You can also, in MO2, rename the file that you don't want, and preserve it. Also, if you want to, you can fully delete the file. It is really your choice as what you want to do with the file. And MO2 is far beyond where Tannin abandoned it to work on NMM next generation.

So, can you have mod A overwrite the assets from mod B except for files x and y where you prefer to have B overwrite A? And do it without actually altering the mods in any way, but simply by giving MO2 those instructions?

Because every instruction I've ever seen for using MO2 says to delete conflicting files, which means they aren't available for a different profile. Presumably the same if you move them from the proper spot in order to avoid conflicts.

Guest deleted34304850

Vortex offers more control than MO2. It actually has "full manual control" of assets. MO2 does not. In MO2 you have to delete files to prevent them from conflicting. You just need to put some effort into understanding how it works and how to best use it.

Vortex was created by the original creator of Mod Organizer and was created to be more powerful and robust than MO2. Regardless of what "people on YouTube" say about it.

Did you know that is not true? That you can control assets in MO2? Just by moving things around on the left hand pane of MO2? It has been a feature since Mod Organizer. There is a lightning symbol, with either a grey, yellow with a green plus, yellow with green plus and red minus, and a yellow with a red minus. you can move the mods around so that you have what you need where you need it. There is also a data tab that you can look at and it has a conflict box there. You can resolve conflicts using that box. And you don't have to delete files. You can do a few things with them. Inside MO2, you can hide the file you don't want. Move the file into an optional folder. Open in explorer, and manually move the file that you don't want outside of of the mod you don't want to use said file from. Open explorer yourself, navigate there yourself, and do it yourself. And you don't have to delete a thing. You can also, in MO2, rename the file that you don't want, and preserve it. Also, if you want to, you can fully delete the file. It is really your choice as what you want to do with the file. And MO2 is far beyond where Tannin abandoned it to work on NMM next generation.

this is quite the informative post, but as this is a forum for discussing vortex - its completely out of place, so kindly, post this where it belongs?

also - this statement - "nd MO2 is far beyond where Tannin abandoned it to work on NMM next generation." shows that while you use your words carefully, you lack basic understanding of what vortex is or does. if you want to better educate yourself, then post up asking for someone with way more experience of the tool than you to guide you, so that you are better informed.

this is quite the informative post, but as this is a forum for discussing vortex - its completely out of place, so kindly, post this where it belongs?

also - this statement - "nd MO2 is far beyond where Tannin abandoned it to work on NMM next generation." shows that while you use your words carefully, you lack basic understanding of what vortex is or does. if you want to better educate yourself, then post up asking for someone with way more experience of the tool than you to guide you, so that you are better informed.

Let me see here, you think that by presenting a different tool to Vortex, and that it is easier to use, as well as how to use said tool, is out of place? We can't discuss things as people? Okay, here is how Vortex handles a conflict in mods, when you have a cycle of mods. It recommends you remove a mod. Mod Organizer has a few methods, both internal and external on how to handle a conflict. Move a file to an optional folder, and Mod Organizer doesn't see it. You can go into one of the mods, and hide the conflicting file. You can open the mod in explorer, and move it yourself. And they both handle .ba2's, textures, and meshes exactly the same. It will load ba2's first, then textures and meshes. I know exactly how Vortex works. I have used it many times. However, I don't see too many option in Vortex with mod conflicts that are not easily handled. So, either not use some mods, so you can preserve a set of rules, or have a bit more flexibility in how you resolve mod conflicts. That is an easy choice for me. And I do use a variety of mod managers, and I do know how to use Vortex. In point of fact, the last game I used Vortex on, not that long ago, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. Do you want to know what I found using Vortex? A mess. A complete and utter mess. Last game I successfully modded with Vortex? The Witcher 3 Wild Kings. Zero problems there. So, I do know Vortex is, I know what it does, and how to use it. And when I said NMM the next generation? In way it is. I have experience, also with Nexus Mod Manager. I have used it right until they stopped working on it, and Tannin started working on Vortex. So, I do know what it does, how to use it, and how it functions. And before you think I am stating opinion, or even trolling, while I have a fairly low post count on the forums, compared to some, I took some time when I had things just the way I wanted them, and moved on with myself, and games.

Let me see here, you think that by presenting a different tool to Vortex, and that it is easier to use, as well as how to use said tool, is out of place?

Since this is the VORTEX FORUM, YES, it's out of place to constantly shill for another Mod Manager.

Considering you're SPAMMING it in MULTIPLE THREADS.

What makes it worse is the misinformation you keep giving about Vortex in general.

Vortex is NOT "NMM Next Generation"