Maddening NPC in-fighting in Riften

ATalkingMicrophone

Balimund, Asbjorn Fire-tamer, Vipir the Fleet, and Etienne Rarnis seem to be randomly aggro'd at Romlyn Dreth and Vallidor, completely out of nowhere, upon entering Riften after completion of the Cursed Tribe. I've tried using a bevy of console commands to get them to bugger off and go back about their business but nothing save using tdetect to turn off AI detection does it, and I can't exactly just leave that off. What's worse, for further reasons I can't understand, they aren't even reaching each other and slugging it out, just randomly wandering certain streets yelling about how mad they are while Romlyn and Vallidor scurry around like rats yelling fleeing dialog. What's even weirder is that Etienne, despite seemingly being on the aggressor's side in this, is stuck in his cowering animation. Using removefromallfactions, resetai, and then setav aggression 0 will make them stop for a brief moment, but once they're anywhere near the general vicinity of either of the two NPCs they start up all over again.

I admit, I have a big load order, big enough I don't want to post it just yet if there's a solution that doesn't involve messing with it, but I am at my absolute wit's end with this. I'm outright just going to leave Riften and hope this sorts itself out. In case it doesn't however, does anyone have any idea what the Hell could be going on here? I've completed the main Thieves' Guild questline, but haven't done anything involving the civil war or Maven Black-Briar specifically beyond Thieves' Guild, so I don't think it's quest-related. I also managed to slip by the dude in Mercer Frey's backyard in that quest and then had him randomly show up aggro'd in the Cistern later. I doubt that has anything to do with this, but it's one of the only other aggro-related bugs I can think of I've encountered. I also can't say 100% for sure that it's just Romlyn and Vallidor--if I disabled both of them, it could well be the aforementioned NPCs would find another person to go after, I'm unsure. I can test if figuring that out seems necessary to a solution, but I'm not bothering just yet.

Any ideas? Any whatsoever?? I'm baffled and tired.