Remodeled clothing not properly attached to body

twingremlin

Hey everyone!

I recently got into 3D modeling, and wanted to use the little knowledge i have to make/re-make some armor/clothing models in my game.
Everything worked well until it didn't, which was seeing the piece of clothing "levitate" on my character's body. It's in the position it should be, but it's not being "worn" if that makes sense.

What i did:

-Load the clothing in Outfit Studio
-Export as .obj
-Import .obj in Blender
-Remodel the clothing with the body as reference
-Export final product as .obj
-Import that .obj in Outfit Studio to make sure everything fits
-Export as .nif, replacing the original .nif file of the re-modeled clothing
-Load the game

It seems as if the re-modeled object lost its connections to the body's structure, if that's the case i wouldn't know how to fix that unfortunately.

If anybody could tell me what steps i missed out, or maybe even comment a link explaining how to not have that happen, that would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!

When you import the OBJ file back into Outfit Studio it doesn't have a body reference attached, so the clothing won't position correctly. You need to import a reference before exporting to NIF.

so the steps would be load a reference body in outfit studio, import the remodeled .obj, then export as a .nif file?

When you import the OBJ file back into Outfit Studio it doesn't have a body reference attached, so the clothing won't position correctly. You need to import a reference before exporting to NIF.

so the steps would be load a reference body in outfit studio, import the remodeled .obj, then export as a .nif file?

yes