Making all the pieces fit: FNV4gb, NVSE, ENB

• 1 month later...

Here is the deal. The new fnv4gb alternate loader comes with a folder called exes, it puts its own FalloutNV.exe there and loads it alone, for your ENB to work, you simply have to put the ENB stufff inside that EXES folder, then you load the 4gb.exe and you'll see it working, at least for me it did! I use the Wrapped version by the way, don't know about the Injector one. Give it a try!

Here's how you make this work:

1. DO NOT use the "alternate loader" that used to be available from silverlock. The NVSE page finally doesn't link to it any more and instead links to the 4GB loader here on the Nexus. Install NVSE as normal. (You might as well update to version 3b2 if you haven't already.)

2. Install the 4GB loader. You will be using this to launch the game, so make a shorcut to it. It loads NVSE automatically if it's present, and it's present as long as you installed it normally.

3. For sanity's sake, use the injector version of ENB and add "FalloutNV.4gb" to your Injector.INI file.

4. Make sure that the ENB injector is running, and run the 4GB launcher. That's it. If ENB doesn't work, close the injector, double-check the INI, and run it again. If NVSE doesn't work, you didn't install it properly.

Edited by luthienanarion

• 1 year later...

This problem has never been fixed. I just install fallout new vegas, did all the necessary step to make enb work and load inside the game. But it doesn't show inside the game when it start.

I use MO and install corectly fnv4gb, stutter remover, bordeless window, I have tried the injector and the wrapper and nothing seems to work. And there is no workaround or solution on the internet.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same issue, and tried everything listed, still not working.

Thats because you need to do what the other guy said. I just spent hours trying to figure out how to get the wrapper to work with the 4gb loader.

>>>>>>>>> Here is the deal. The new fnv4gb alternate loader comes with a folder called exes, it puts its own FalloutNV.exe there and loads it alone, for your ENB to work, you simply have to put the ENB stufff inside that EXES folder, then you load the 4gb.exe and you'll see it working, at least for me it did! I use the Wrapped version by the way, don't know about the Injector one. Give it a try! <<<<<<<<<

So basically put your favorite enb files in that exes folder along with the d3d9.dll file from the enbseries site otherwise to use the injector you need to add -laaexe .\FalloutNV4GB.exe to your fnv4gb.exe shortcut . Dont listen to anything else anyone said in this thread its all old outdated crap. Use this loader its updated for 2014 and later. http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/55061/?

Edited by thazer