Whiterun-Bannered Mare Problem

FrankieMcMurphy

Throughout my gameplay This area surrounding bannered mare used to give a few problems, nothing too big that wouldn't be fixe. However since Lately it has been behaving rather strangely. Sudden Crashes, Crashing upon waiting. Infinity Loadings when fast travelling or entering or exiting the bannered mare, etc etc.

It all happened after installing and uninstalling Vilja in Skyrim and has gotten worse since I started playing the Wyrmstooth mod. I only have 2 other mods that affect areas in the surrouding:

Blackwood Hall, Dragonborn Hall and 7k Better Whiterun.

Could it be any of them?

I also had Vilja in Skyrim installed, but I didn't really liked it and uninstalled. I'm almost sure that it was when the majority os this problems started happening.

Recently I tried out Falskaar Hold and ever since i got back from Falskaar, the Bannered Mare Zone has became simply unplayable.

PS: What's the best suited whiterun overhaul mod? As I'm pretty sure that 7k Better Whiterun is no longer the 'best'

Edited by FrankieMcMurphy

Vilja in Skyrim didn't leave any object that could contain an script. Some quests may remain for 24 game hours, but even in that lapse, those quests can do anything that could cause a CTD and even less in an specific area.

Sudden CTDs in an are may be related to havocked object meshes clipping with other objects. Try staying far from whyterun (staying in an interior far from whiterun or in another city would be safe enough) until the spawn time ends (I think there are 10 game days) may be enough to fix your problem.

I would not recommend playing with the Wyrmstooth mod, it filled my save game full of script errors and even after I installed, I pretty much lost the save games that I had played with it. Try enabling logging and looking at papyrus logs, they may give you some clue as to what scripts are causing the problems. If you see many errors such as:

'error: Unable to bind script WTPlayInstrument to (084067AC) because their base types do not match', then it could be that Wyrmstooth is playing a big part in it. I don't think it's the Vilja mod, I've never had any problems with Vilja.