[LE] How can I get my follower mod to be a bard (sing vanilla songs, ect.)

lefttounge

Hello, I just recently made a follower mod named Nevamirr the Rogue.

Thing is, I'm wanting to add on a feature. To turn her into a bard as well as a follower, and allow the players to request her to play songs.

Her voice is already eventoned (Lydia), and I dont plan on making any custom voice overs for her.

I'm trying to figure out how to get her to do this, but I don't know what need to be done.

Can anybody help?

Also, if there is script creating involved, I'm not skilled at programming, and also wondering if someone can make a bard script I can plug into the ck for her.

Any help and insight would be much appreciated.

@nexusComa2

Go look at how a tavern bard is set up.

You got a link, buddy? :sad:

I'm actually trying to turn a follower into a bard, not make an npc into a bard.

Edited by lefttounge

Use the Creation Kit to search for a NPC tavern bard. Then look at how it's set up to be a bard and add that to your follower. Or start with an NPC tavern bard as a template. I would use the former as it's really just a copy paste thing from one to the other in the kit with a bit of editing.

Hmmm, I've looked at Lisette, but didnt see anything significant other than the jobbard and bard AI.

However even with those things added the player still can't ask for songs to be played.

Is there a 'tavern bard' npc thats dofferent than the other bards? Or are they all the same?

There is one, the mod author was supposed to help me through the thing today, still waiting for them to reply.

I dont think i wanna remake a new follower, just add these same scripts in ck to my already follower Nevamirr the Rogue

She's a wood elf

Let me take a look ... (never did this to any of my followers)

Lisette ...
Factions tab: BardSingerFaction, Job BardFaction
SolitudeWinkingSkeever ...
LisetteREF Linked from Keyword BardPlaySpot Referenced to XmarkerHeading
XmarkerHeading(00000034): Linked from Keyword BardPlaySpot Referenced to LisetteREF
Cell Packages ...
SolitudeBardInnWork12x14
SolitudeLisetteSandboxWinkingSkeever512
Looks like the whole thing triggers of when she move to that spot (XMarker) and is idle. There is a chance she begins to sing.
It is also her job at the WinkingSkeever to be a bard (Cell Packages) the rest is handled within the them packages, faction and AI for them.
[ She is tied to that area and spot to be a bard. ]

I do remember a traveling bard ... if I can find him again (was on the road by the ability stones at the start) I wonder how that bard is set up.
Seems like that would be a better fit here. look into in more when I got time ...

This is a good project for sure. Little more to it than just a follower and may need some custom tricks to get it to work. I have a few ideals.
Looked around a bit and found some things that may help ... The create a bard looks really good and seems like he knows all the pitfalls ...
Joy Aileen - Bardfollower with Unique Songs - LINK
Creation Kit (Create a Bard) - LINK

I think that inn thing in the video has something to do with that sandbox used in the cell package. Also tried AFT (Amazing follower tweak)

to mess around with a game bard and was able to do everything as a follower with it. But, had to dismiss to get the bard dialog and be within an inn to get the full dialog ...

Edited by NexusComa2

Thanks for helping bud!

I am gunna check these videos out tomorrow, it seems like its gunna be easy to do.

That wandering bard is indeed perfect for what Im trying to achieve, because making the inn she's in have an actual place marker for her to sing may be more work than what im trying, so we'll try to get her to do her bard wandering thing

Ya, looks like creating a bard would be easy and then make it a follower. It's just both at the same time may have an issue. You may have to release as follower to get to the bard menu.

That video in the comments the author state he is going to make a sing anyplace version ... but, he also said in the video females could already do that. Considering he didn't go for that in the video
I assume that is a bit tricky. He definitely knows about this pretty deeply and has a refined knowledge of it.