[LE] How can I get my follower mod to be a bard (sing vanilla songs, ect.)

lefttounge

You do know how to script and edit quests and link things to triggers with the Creation Kit right ? If this was easy you would see 100s of bard followers. You're going to have to get creative and have a good knowledge of how to mod Skyrim. Even with that considering you're not seeing this already done I'm sure this will take a while to develop. You keep saying "you're lost" not sure how to take that ... are you looking for a few probable directions while you're trying to develop this or a step by step guide from a beginners point of view? If you're just starting to mod I'd be happy with that video version data added to your follower now and live with the release to get to bard menu thing. Maybe you could find a way to skip most of this and straight script it out. Or pop in the needed markers to trigger it with the package set up right to do that. It would be a fun project. Try asking ReDragon2013 seems to be very skilled at custom scripts and knowledge of how the quests and packages work. Looking at Talsgar it seems a cut down version of that NPC would work. The Bard and Follower on the surface seems to be separated on purpose however.

Edited by NexusComa2

Most people come to the nexus just to download mods moreso than they do make mods. That's the reason why you don't see any of those bard mods. ;) I'm one of those that don't really know how to mod like a pro, just thought I'd do something cool for the community is all.

Yeah man, im lost means its tough for me still to figure out...

I'll ask ReDragon2013 if he can show me how to go back into the ck and set it up.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure it's easier than it looks.

One user told me they didnt even need to create any scripts to get their follower to sing songs; talking with that guy right now asking for help.

I did notice in the ck, that there is something called

"Bard dialogue" do you know anything about that?

That miiiight be the golden goose. However I wanna know if its safe to duplicate this?

Do you want a screenshot of what Im talking about

"Honestly, I'm pretty sure it's easier than it looks." I agree, there should be an angle this would work out. Wish I had more time to work on it to be honest. That angel could be as easy as a reference. Some of the people here are much better help than me on that stuff. It's also hard to know what to say when you're not sure of the persons Creation Kit knowledge. "I'm lost", sounded scary knowing you're going to have to really dig to figure this one out ... I was just offering a compromised pretty easy solution.

Edited by NexusComa2