Red triangle bug

tobbelido

name of the weapon and if you know what mod it comes from ?

The weapon i used was cyrodillic iron claymore from lore weapons expansion but this happens even with vanilla iron dagger

archive invalidated needs to be toggled off and back on.

Sorry but how do i toggle archive invalidated of and on?

The weapon i used was cyrodillic iron claymore from lore weapons expansion but this happens even with vanilla iron dagger

Does this look similar ?

Screenshot-2021-09-01-145809.png

Does this look similar ?

https://gyazo.com/a81e04c3605ba371e7e5652ea2e92957 i can't find that file

Does this look similar ?

https://gyazo.com/a81e04c3605ba371e7e5652ea2e92957 i can't find that file

not the same file location but i found this https://gyazo.com/f9e0a71340187f22ea4921f112ac7dda

Red Exclamation markers are caused for "meshes Missing textures"

The games, all of them come with 1 red marker file to tell the player in game the assets are broken , that's the purpose for the red marker file.

Lets the developer know there's a problem with textures.

so, it is really important archive invalidated is in effect or you extract the files to the data folder from the bsa archives.

there are tools we use to do that. However it is in this way we diagnose games, it's Not a recommendation to do that all the time.

as far as i am concerned the package I just downloaded is broken.

I took the program apparat to inspect it's guts.

The games, all of them come with 1 red marker file to tell the player in game the assets are broken , that's the purpose for the red marker file.

so, it is really important archive invalidated is in effect or you extract the files to the data folder from the bsa archives.

there are tools we use to do that. However it is in this way we diagnose games, it's Not a recommendation to do that all the time.

I deactivated the mod but the red triangle is still there when i draw other weapons.

HERE'S YOUR BUG

Screenshot-2021-09-01-150832.png

how do i go about reacquiring that file, or do i have to uninstall the whole mod?

ok Now that I've shown you what's missing? you go t o the mod page and the download section. The nexus website put a lot of work and effort into their system to allow the users to Pre-inspect the mods packages prior to wasting time downloading a lot of stuff and look for the missing file "first" under each download button, there is a green highlighted set of words that says (Preview file contents) It looks like this-----to save you a lot of time, you can see what this does.

Unfortunately for you ? there is no way other than to download and extract the bsa archives in this case to locate the missing assets.

Screenshot-2021-09-01-152347.png

I deactivated the mod but the red triangle is still there when i draw other weapons.

nope it's gonna stay unless to go inside a place and wait 3 in game days and allow the game to purge the irregular content in the saved game file. Skyrim keeps all it's content based instructions so even bad things remain in tact.

How ever? there is a date time stamp of the moment you installed the mod, you can go back in time before installing that mod and pick up the game from that point prior to injecting bad code.

you will loose all progress but the bug should erase its self as far as your concerned.