New to SkyRim! What are some essential mods?

jordynarz

Hi! I'm new to this forum and new to SkyRim! I haven't looked into every system yet and don't know much of how the game works. But I already want to be able to break down my items once I craft them to get materials back. What are a few common and essential mods to skyrim that I could install?

Thanks,

Jordynarz

SkyUI, iHUD - Changes the entire menu system and heads up display, making them more visually pleasing and easy to use. SkyUI also has the MCM menu, which lets you customize MANY mods very easily!

Skyrim Redone - Rebalances the entire game making it feel much more immersive and realistic. Makes ALL skills more worth it!

Frostfall - Makes the cold of skyrim an enemy in of itself. Use the 'survivalism' plug-in for SkyRe if using it with this for bonus coolness!

Realistic Needs and Diseases - Goes great with Frostfall for max realism.

Trade and Barter + Skyrim Economic - Goes great with SkyRe, making gold feel more valuable and rare.

Alternative Start - lets you pick how your character enters the world, with tons of options and even race specific starts!

RaceMenu - Lets you have WAY more control over character creation!

Better Vampires + Tales of Lycanthropy - Great werewolf and vampire overhauls, respectively. Adds a lot to the game if you are playing as one of them!

Midas Magic, Apocalypse Spells, Empowered Magic, Phenderix's Magic Transcended, Druid Essentials, Colettes Revenge, Wrath of Nature - Use one of them, some of them, or all of them. Magic overhauls that each add a lot to the game!

Nature of the Beast + Advanced Follower Tweaks - Makes followers much more useful and easy to use. Makes it so you can intelligently build and command an entire team! Also goes great with ToL and Better Vampies mentioned above!

ASIS - Make sure to disable the "perks" section if using with SkyRe. Use this with spell overhauls to see enemies using your new spells!

Immersive Creatures, Immersive armors, Immersive Weapons, interesting NPCs - adds a ton of immersion and variation to the game!

Yup! Will SkyRim Redone be able to break down armour and get materials back?

I'm not so sure about armor. I know you can break down a lot of other various objects. Almost any dwarven object can be broken down with it.