Understanding Spell Perk Item Distributor (SPID)

Charles17

Hello community. With the introduction of SPID it seems as if a better than vanilla way of handling spells, perk, effects, etc., has been given to us. Unfortunately for those like me, understanding the description page is like reading a foreign language. I am not a scripter by any means.

I downloaded the mod XPMSSE Weapon Styles Uncloaked and reading what it did I started going through SSEEdit looking for mods that had cloak in the data tree. I found a lot of them under, Magic Effect / Global / Quest, included in more mods than I initially thought I would. Some of the mods do not have open permissions to modify them so asking someone to make changes isn't possible.

Another mod, Spell Perk Item Distributor xEdit Scripts, have a way to automate the process but no guide to determine what is safe to change and what isn't. Before I go blindly breaking everything in my game, can anyone explain in simple words the process of using SPID to replace cloaks, when is it safe to do so, and provide a step by step description on how to go about changing cloaks to spid using the xedit script.

I know I am asking a lot but I do thank anyone who cares to help.