Wed Camera DC-2120 - Not an Oblivion issue though, but

Pellape

This is not an Oblivion problem but more a common problem as I will use this camera when I record some instruction and music, babbling videos but I do also have more cameras so I will just be fine, with or without any support for this camera or if anyone wish to delete this message entirely really, just do it... :wink: So lets shoot.

I did find a Chicony Web Camera DC-2120 in an old dusty IKEA moving box today and it has been there for many many years I guess as it does smell a bit dusty and it sure needs a cleaning. Old dust doesn't smell so nicely and it has a tendency to tickle in the noose some or whatever it might be that tickles inside it? Some birds maybe that is building a nest? I went to a page called Semantic and I cant recall it is spelled like that as I am more used to Symantec but that is a security company though. Well never mind. They do not seem to have much in common anyway. :wink:

I did DL the free driver and unpacked it and it has a .ddl and a .cat file, nothing else, no filenames, except the dot and the extensions... They do want us to install and run their Driverguide software, that requires a registration and I might do it if we cannot find another solution or if I decide that I wanna use that camera at all ? I will most likely skip that registration and put that specific camera away. So to be able to install that dll, if it is now possible as I did DL the W10 64-bit version and unpacked it and this is what I see in that folder, exactly like this to be as clear as possible:

.cat
.ddl
READ-ME.txt

Very odd indeed and no matter what I typed in the search field at Google and I think I wrote around 10 suitable words inside that field and I nor Google where able to find the proper name for this dll, only loads of Driver DL pages for it as I wanted to find forums or similar, but nothing... So odd... :verymad:

I right clicked at the unknown [uSB Camera] device icon, took its properties and pointed at the no named .dll inside the driver tab and it could not find the driver, so I guess it has to have a proper name or similar? Very odd... Doing this way is nothing I done in a long time but a method I did use a lot a couple of years ago as it is so easy to do and if the driver is not right, it will not work nor get installed - mostly. ;)

I also saw that the DC-2120 has 1920 x 1080 support somewhere in Google and I guess that this specific Chicony model has the same? As I do not know how old the camera is, it is very hard to say it do have that support really. How many lines did the TV-Camera have at the Apollo 11 Eagle landing module 1969? Well 150 lines if I am correct, developed around 1957 if I recall right from an old Wiki. Time do fly away and so does the lines and pixels.

Edited by Pellape

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity I was doing some research and it looks like the only official drivers are for windows98-XP, released about 2003-2004. I was lucky only using opendrivers.com site, the others are only tried to cheat me with installators for Driver Booster and the like. Still, this camera seems support max 640x480 resolution, so it's propably useless in this 4k era. Maybe there are some drivers for notebooks, if this camera was used as part of them.

Well not really. The recording I do at the moment is within that resolution, as I will also use smaller windows, inside the videos, with me or my friends at small squares here and there and everywhere, or myself arguing with my self or picking my noose in one and shake my head in another. Damn Pekka, pull your self together, will ye? ;)