I would still recommend to use a script to add / remove the perk. Try giving it a go again. Try installing the SSEScript that I posted above and using that.

Actually I tried compiling the script as FTW_Physician_TempPerk and got an error. The compiler didn't like that name for some reason, so I changed it to FTW_PhysicianTempPerk and it compiled fine. Try that and see if it works. The steps are:

1. Compile this script:

Scriptname FTW_PhysicianTempPerk extends Quest

Perk Property akPerk Auto 
Float Property HoursToWait Auto 

Function StartTimer() 
    Game.GetPlayer().AddPerk(akPerk)
    RegisterForSingleUpdateGameTime(HoursToWait)
EndFunction 

Event OnUpdateGameTime()
    Game.GetPlayer().RemovePerk(akPerk) 
EndEvent 

Verify that FTW_PhysicianTempPerk.pex is in Data/Scripts and FTW_PhysicianTempPerk.psc is in Data/Scripts/Source.

2. Attach the script to your quest in the creation kit. Fill the properties, click OK to save your quest, then save the ESP.

3. Open the quest again and In your dialogue fragment (that's on the same quest) put (Self.GetOwningQuest() as FTW_PhysicianTempPerk).StartTimer()

See if that compiles and test it out in game.

I copied what you wrote and followed it to the letter, but I keep getting this when I add

(Self.GetOwningQuest() as FTW_PhysicianTempPerk).StartTimer()

to the dialogue fragment:

Data\Scripts\Source\temp\_FTW_TIF__04000D67.psc(10,49): StartTimer is not a function or does not exist

Edit on 9/23/2021:

So it turns out that Creation Kit really prefers to be entirely shut down and restarted between steps 2 & 3. The script finally compiled, but the timer is still not cooperating. I started another new game and waited for over 5 days after the perk was obtained via the dialogue, and I still had the boost to my alchemy skill. :wacko:

Edited by Lollia