Skyrim SSE Weird leg gap on vanilla Fine Boots?

Blazethroughstorm

I'm troubleshooting for someone who has this problem any tips as to the cause would be a big help! I've isolated it to the vanilla clothes "Fine boots" the black boots not the brown version as it seems to be working normally!

Addition info the boots don't have the gap, if you don't wear any main outfit as seen here!

But go back to having a leg gap if wearing any outfit!

I'm thinking it's an overwrite conflict possibly cause by something overwriting USSEP. As there is a USSEP mesh of the Fine boots that does get overwritten normally by USSEP. Though the overwrite folder meshes only shows the brown boot version, not the black ones which are the the ones with the problem?

But the black "Fine boots"!?

If anyone has come across this problem and can help thank you!

Edited by Blazethroughstorm

Yes, both versions of Fine Boots were fixed in USSEP to fix partitions to avoid both clipping and missing parts.

Judging by those pictures your friend has some kind of vanilla clothing replacer mod (Tova wears FineClothes which is a long dress, not pants, and the brown version of Fine Boots are short shoes) that is overwriting USSEP. That clothing replacer hasn't taken the USSEP changes into account.

Edited by Hanaisse

Thank you for the reply! There is a vanilla clothing replacer mod in the load order this: "Remodeled Armor CBBE SSE".

But, I've done some troubleshooting as looking into what was overwriting the Fine boots. I even told my friend to remove the mod temporary from the load order and then load the game without the mod to see if there was any change!? No, luck there was still the leg gap...

*****The biggest problem is this only started happening recently, it wasn't an problem before hand... The "replacer clothes mod" was in the order long before this new issue starting happening very recently.

Biggest issue is trying to isolate what's causing it exactly and undo/fix it back to working like before!

My thoughts are it's linked somehow to bodyslide recent overwrite or LOOT order being changed!?

**More info**

Leg gap on Fine boots 02 "long black boots" effects *both player and any NPCs wearing it with any outfit*.

It effects both a fresh new game and older saves.

Leg gap **only** effects "one" of the vanilla fine boots, the Fine Boots 02 "Black long boots" and no the others.

The Leg gap goes away if you take off the "main body clothes part" while wearing "Fine Boots 02" but returns if you put it the "main body clothes part" back on while still wearing "Fine Boots 02"!

@Hanaisse: (Tova wears FineClothes which is a long dress). She, still does with this vanilla clothing replacer mod. It just adds legging to some of the dresses and robes in the clothes. But, the vanilla clothing replacer leggings have no effect on the leg gap, as it's not causing the issue. Because, the Leg gap problem only starting happening lately is was fine before, the recent unknown issue pop up! :(

If I can just find the what change/overwrote it!^^ I feel I'm close to solving it!^^

It appears to be a layering issue. It looks as if the boots you have were assigned the 38 calves body slot on the armor addon record. Yet these boots do not go high enough to cover the entire calf area. On top of that the outfit is either not using slot 38 on the armor addon record or it was not designed to cover the calf area.

Compare body slot assignments between an outfit that does work with the boots and an outfit that does not as well as looking at the boots. Hopefully you might see a difference and be able to do a little testing to confirm if the body slot assignments are indeed the issue.