texture I keep editing just keeps reverting to be unusable

Atmogenic

I've been having this trouble for ages now and I have no idea why this keeps happening, I'm using a clothing mod called RR skyrim seifuku which is formal school uniforms and is the main clothing mod I use. it was on nexus but was removed though it is on google drive, it had a good selection of variety with its school stuff but it didn't have a black necktie, so I changed the texture of one of the ties to complete black and saved it using GIMP, it works but after a while it just stops and I mean it changed from type amulet to no type amulet and makes me and my followers unequip the necktie.

I had a discussion with a person reddit which might help understand the situation more, but idk if he has given up but i'm lost at fault why this keep happening, all I want is a texture for a black necktie that's all.

here is the reddit link of our discussion http://old.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/pisppz/simple_questions_and_general_discussion_thread/hbyoj60/?context=3 (right click then "open new tab")

If anyone is willing to help or is skilled with making clothing stuff, I thank you