• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Harper123654

Harper123654

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I have this problem that previously did not happen to me that it does not let me open it is Skyrim I would not know because if I left yesterday but I wanted to know if there is a tutorial or something to solve it

Attached File  Captura.PNG   2.37KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Prueba 1.PNG   17.95KB   0 downloads

showler

showler

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,409 posts
Is that Gamepass? I don't think SKSE works with the Gamepass version of Skyrim.

Harper123654

Harper123654

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Is that Gamepass? I don't think SKSE works with the Gamepass version of Skyrim.

If it is game pass but sks had been working for me, this is now that I had this error

1ae0bfb8

1ae0bfb8

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,300 posts

read what it says. a file is write protected. find the file, remove write protection.

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 19,353 posts

If it is game pass but sks had been working for me, this is now that I had this error

Impossible.

Skyrim Special Edition on Game Pass can be modded but is severely limited

SKSE is required for some of the most popular mods for Skyrim Special Edition, but unfortunately the Game Pass executable version is 1.5.111 - which is a new version of the game (probably to allow Xbox Achievements and Microsoft log in etc.) - whilst the Steam version is 1.5.97.

showler

showler

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,409 posts

Gamepass protects the files for the games.  You can select an option to "enable mods" that will allow you to install and manage most mods, but not all.  SKSE can't be supported due to legal reasons, unfortunately.

HadToRegister

HadToRegister

Awake at stupid o'clock

• Premium Member
  • 19,353 posts

I have this problem that previously did not happen to me that it does not let me open it is Skyrim I would not know because if I left yesterday but I wanted to know if there is a tutorial or something to solve it

attachicon.gif Captura.PNGattachicon.gif Prueba 1.PNG

To avoid any confusion, as I posted in my previous post, the problem is that the game EXE was updated by Microsoft, and so the EXE version and SKSE don't match, like the article I posted explains that the game EXEs are "Locked Down" like Consoles are locked down, so SKSE can't be updated for it.

You CAN mod the game, you just can't use a Script Extender for the GamePass version.
It's best to just wait for a steam sale and buy it, there's a Halloween Sale and eventually an Xmas sale coming up, where you'll be able to pick them up pretty cheap, especially now that the "Skyrim Anniversary Cash Grab Edition" is coming out.

But again, Read it all here for the factual info.

SKSE is required for some of the most popular mods for Skyrim Special Edition, but unfortunately the Game Pass executable version is 1.5.111 - which is a new version of the game (probably to allow Xbox Achievements and Microsoft log in etc.) - whilst the Steam version is 1.5.97.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, error, pls

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.369 seconds