LOOT Groups

Luridum

If you don't understand it then that's not a good reason to express yourself in such a vitriolic fashion.

I recommend you read the documentation and/or watch a Vortex tutorial video - the one by GamerPoets is recommended as he covers exactly the feature that your image shows.

Where's the video? The only two videos I can find are about the setup and Zmerge.

HTR is correct. Here are my LOOT groups for comparison.

That's the default...

It's the default LOOT group setup because the default LOOT groups work in almost all cases. Creating a custom group should only be used as a last resort. In the three years I've been using Vortex I have never had to create a custom group. In those years I've modded numerous games using hundreds of mods. Although I've never had to create a custom group, I have made a small number of group assignments, but they were to a LOOT default group and not to a custom group.

That's the default...

It's the default LOOT group setup because the default LOOT groups work in almost all cases. Creating a custom group should only be used as a last resort. In the three years I've been using Vortex I have never had to create a custom group. In those years I've modded numerous games using hundreds of mods. Although I've never had to create a custom group, I have made a small number of group assignments, but they were to a LOOT default group and not to a custom group.

If custom groups are bad then they wouldn't be an option. My plugins are sorted exactly as I like them, and aside from a different interface issue I can read them quite easily to figue out what should go where. It's just the dang LOOT layout, I mean, look at it. It's terrible. IIRC the LOOT program has a nice grid to manage groups, I don't know why they decided to go for a more... star chart type layout.

Guest deleted34304850

so don't look at it?

User interface so bad that I can't even look at it smh

i really do not understand what you are trying to articulate here. can you please, using just very basic words, create sentences that make sense?

That's the default...

If custom groups are bad then they wouldn't be an option. My plugins are sorted exactly as I like them, and aside from a different interface issue I can read them quite easily to figue out what should go where. It's just the dang LOOT layout, I mean, look at it. It's terrible. IIRC the LOOT program has a nice grid to manage groups, I don't know why they decided to go for a more... star chart type layout.

"Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem" (William of Occam/Ockham).

Being a last resort option doesn't make custom groups bad. It just makes them an option on the order of "In case of fire, break glass."

Edited by AugustaCalidia

Guest deleted34304850

That's the default...

again, WHAT is it you're complaining about? It's a simple graphic to show you what the crap you created for your plugins looks like. If you don't like it, don't create unnecessary, crappy groupings that serve no actual purpose at all.

That's the default...

a) Nope, LOOT also uses a graph to visualize groups. It does however put them on a plan with arbitrary width, which gives a cleaner look when you have forks but usually even with a default setup the graph doesn't fit the screen so you're constantly scrolling. With Vortex I decided to arrange groups in multiple rows to improve the chance things remain readable without scrolling but with some layouts there can be overlap. Can't have everything

b) Part of the problem is that you presume to rate the feature without actually understanding it. Load order, of which groups are a part, are not there so you can sort plugins "as you like them". Load order is to sort the plugins so the game likes them, so it doesn't crash or have quests break.

Usually very little, if any, customization is required to achieve that because LOOT already works correctly for almost all plugins out of the box. You're using the feature for something it wasn't intended for and then complain that it's not good for that. It's like complaining about how a screwdriver is bad for eating soup.