LOOT Groups

Luridum

The only way you can get loot groups looking that messed up is by assigning plugins to LOOT groups or Creating your Groups, and then forcing them to sort incorrectly.

SIMPLE AS THAT.

So, please describe EXACTLY, what YOU are doing in order to get these messed up screenshots.

I made new groups to sort my plugins. That's all I did.

DO NOT MAKE NEW GROUPS.

They aren't like "Categories" in NMM

Right now the only problem with Vortex is YOU and what you're doing to it.

Undo what you've done and it will work just fine.

The only problem is the layout, it sorts correctly but looks absolutely horrendous.

It's an accurate visual representation of the data you entered. The only real oddity is the loop you added after "early loaders" where it has to squeeze five new "links" into the same space as one default "link". Hardly surprising for a visual that has to be auto-generated.

The only way you can get loot groups looking that messed up is by assigning plugins to LOOT groups or Creating your Groups, and then forcing them to sort incorrectly.

SIMPLE AS THAT.

So, please describe EXACTLY, what YOU are doing in order to get these messed up screenshots.

I made new groups to sort my plugins. That's all I did.

DO NOT MAKE NEW GROUPS.

They aren't like "Categories" in NMM

Right now the only problem with Vortex is YOU and what you're doing to it.

Undo what you've done and it will work just fine.

It does work fine it just looks bad.

It looks bad because of the groups you added.

Groups should be

Group 1 -------> Group 2 --------> Group 3 --------->

GROUPS are a SORTING Method, and if you randomly add GROUPS, you are going to end up with CYCLIC RULES and then you're going to complain again, and blame Vortex

The problem you're going to run into if you keep creating groups, is you're going to make a group that loads BEFORE another Group, then you're going to put a mod that's supposed to LOAD AFTER another Mod, in the group you made that LOADS BEFORE and there's where your cyclic Rules is going to come in.

Groups should be

GROUPS are a SORTING Method, and if you randomly add GROUPS, you are going to end up with CYCLIC RULES and then you're going to complain again, and blame Vortex

The problem you're going to run into if you keep creating groups, is you're going to make a group that loads BEFORE another Group, then you're going to put a mod that's supposed to LOAD AFTER another Mod, in the group you made that LOADS BEFORE and there's where your cyclic Rules is going to come in.

I know how to sort mods perfectly fine. LOOT is just a tool to tell me whether I've fecked up or not. If Vortex allowed me to edit the load order manually instead of assigning groups I would do that, but it doesn't. And since it doesn't, then it should have an interface that is at least as good as the regular LOOT interface. But it doesn't. It actually has a pretty crap interface that you lot are going through a whole lot of trouble to defend after I made a "Ha ha, this sucks a little bit" joke.

Guest deleted34304850

Groups should be

I know how to sort mods perfectly fine. LOOT is just a tool to tell me whether I've fecked up or not. If Vortex allowed me to edit the load order manually instead of assigning groups I would do that, but it doesn't. And since it doesn't, then it should have an interface that is at least as good as the regular LOOT interface. But it doesn't. It actually has a pretty crap interface that you lot are going through a whole lot of trouble to defend after I made a "Ha ha, this sucks a little bit" joke.

at this point, I think you're trolling. you obviously have zero idea what you are talking about when it comes to sorting mods and plugins. i suggest, rather than wasting peoples time with off the scale pedantic complaints about how things "look", you learn about how to sort mods and why mods are not plugins.

you've been told several tmes what caused your "issue" - i assume you won't even attempt to understand, so i think at this point, unless you want to pivot to "last post wins" your "issue" has been answered, and you can get on with actually playing your game, rather than playing "how many groups can i add" and be happy?

don't like the picture? dont make stupid groups. problem solved. next!

They're not trolling. They just keep responding to tell you that they aren't interested in your opinion on adding mod groups, never asked for your opinion on adding mod groups and have no intention of listening to your advice on adding mod groups. The thread was to complain about the visualization tool for mod groups and why it is different from the LOOT one. Tannin explained the reason and does not appear to think any change is needed.

If you stop trying to tell them not to add mod groups, they'll probably stop responding to tell you they don't care about your opinion.

Guest deleted34304850

thanks, but i don't need you to tell me anything about vortex or my advice that i have given to someone who isn't you.

kindly try to refrain from responding to my posts. you are also a known troll and thread derailer, and i do not welcome any kind of response from you on any subject under the sun on these forums.

my advice is correct and on point. it is not open to criticism or comment from you.