Can't find how to move things

Kdogg3000

Ok, so, I just started playing Morrowind on PC, I used to play it on X-Box back in the day. The only mod I have on Morrowind is the Overhaul (MGSO) but, I can't find the button to pick things up and move them around. I looked online and saw some places say it's the Z button, others say Shift+ click, and others say hold click on the item. I feel like I've tryed every different combonation possible and nothing seems to work. On the X-box version it was real easy from what I remember (I think) you just clicked in the stick then clicked it in again when you had whatever it was in place, now I have a keyboard full of buttons and can't find the one for it.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Yeah, I think I figured out what I used to do. You can pick things up and put them down if you have the menu open but, you don't see them moving like in Fallout 3 and other Bethesda games. The thing you put down is always facing towards you so, if you want something at a 45 degree angle on the table you have to be facing the table at a 45 degree angle.

I knew there was some way to move things because I used to have houses in every town on the X-box version and decorated them, putting stuff all over the houses.

• 3 years later...

You can't move items around in morrowind, never have.

Hi, this is incorrect.

Yes I am necroposting a 3 year old thread, but this is one of the first search results in google, so I am going to make this expedient for others. instructions supplied are for PC - GOTY - Steam version of morrowind.

TO MOVE THINGS:

1) ensure you are in first person mode.

2) shift your windows around so you can 'see' the background with your menus open. close some menus if you have to, like the magic menu, or the map by left clicking the minimap, or any magic effect icons you have active.

3) select the item you want to place by left clicking.

4) drag the item out into the 'background'. you will notice it has an arrow with a LINE underneath. left clicking now places the item directly at your feet.

5) to place it ON an object, move the mouse around till the game senses there is no object collision, and it will change from an arrow with a line under it, to a regular large arrow.

6) note that decorating has a limit. after a few hundred items an 'overflow loot sack' will appear and ruin your hard work. don't overdo it. the limit is small. (consult some other thread on this exact number. im guessing 225-500 items) Also, the more items in your loot sack, the more memory morrowind will suck out of your pc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...