Vortex Not Detecting Skyrim Special Edition

KurtGutch

So it all started when I wanted to use the Creation Kit for the first time. I ran it, but it couldn't function because of a missing file that required a reinstallation of Steam. Without thinking, I reinstalled Steam and with it, deleting my games. I reinstalled SSE, but when I opened Vortex, it couldn't detect the game. It's because I used Steam's "Move Installation Folder" feature to move the installation folder of the modded SSE (the one before the clean/vanilla SSE) to (D:). I dug into the files to see what was going on and found out that there were two separate SSE folders: one in (C:) and one in (D:). Now I tried following Vortex's solutions of making the path for the Mod Deployment, but it kept insisting to use (C:). I'm completely lost at this point :( Can I get help please? If you need more information about it, please don't hesitate to message me or comment on this.

Thank you in advance.

So it all started when I wanted to use the Creation Kit for the first time. I ran it, but it couldn't function because of a missing file that required a reinstallation of Steam. Without thinking, I reinstalled Steam and with it, deleting my games. I reinstalled SSE, but when I opened Vortex, it couldn't detect the game. It's because I used Steam's "Move Installation Folder" feature to move the installation folder of the modded SSE (the one before the clean/vanilla SSE) to (D:). I dug into the files to see what was going on and found out that there were two separate SSE folders: one in (C:) and one in (D:). Now I tried following Vortex's solutions of making the path for the Mod Deployment, but it kept insisting to use (C:). I'm completely lost at this point :sad: Can I get help please? If you need more information about it, please don't hesitate to message me or comment on this.

Thank you in advance.

The biggest mistake you, and everybody else makes when moving their game folder is that you didn't PURGE your Mods in Vortex before you moved the Game Folder, so now Vortex still thinks the Game is in the old place, and that all the mods are still installed to the old folder.

All of that info is stored in either C:\users\YOUR NAME\appdata\roaming\vortex

-OR-

C:\programdata\Vortex

So it all started when I wanted to use the Creation Kit for the first time. I ran it, but it couldn't function because of a missing file that required a reinstallation of Steam. Without thinking, I reinstalled Steam and with it, deleting my games. I reinstalled SSE, but when I opened Vortex, it couldn't detect the game. It's because I used Steam's "Move Installation Folder" feature to move the installation folder of the modded SSE (the one before the clean/vanilla SSE) to (D:). I dug into the files to see what was going on and found out that there were two separate SSE folders: one in (C:) and one in (D:). Now I tried following Vortex's solutions of making the path for the Mod Deployment, but it kept insisting to use (C:). I'm completely lost at this point :sad: Can I get help please? If you need more information about it, please don't hesitate to message me or comment on this.

Thank you in advance.

The biggest mistake you, and everybody else makes when moving their game folder is that you didn't PURGE your Mods in Vortex before you moved the Game Folder, so now Vortex still thinks the Game is in the old place, and that all the mods are still installed to the old folder.

-OR-

I think I fixed the deployment issue. I just manually set the modded SSE location through the Games tab in Vortex, although I assume that's not the correct fix. I also purged my mods in the process, so I can now play normally. However, there is still the issue with the presence of the reinstalled SSE in (C:). Do I simply uninstall that?

Thank you in advance.

-OR-

I think I fixed the deployment issue. I just manually set the modded SSE location through the Games tab in Vortex, although I assume that's not the correct fix. I also purged my mods in the process, so I can now play normally. However, there is still the issue with the presence of the reinstalled SSE in (C:). Do I simply uninstall that?

YOu can try it.