Would it be possible for you to make it so you do not have to be an evil character to become a lich? I play as a good vampire. I do not like playing as an evil character. I know this might sound silly. Thank you.

I can see where you're coming with this, because i often play like these "chaotic good/ outcast" characters. Don't judge the book by the cover and everything. Even when i try to play an "evil character" I end up doing good things anyway.

Well, from what i've hear lorewise, TES Liches are similar to D&D Liches, and if my memory serves me right, the Lich retains his alignment from before he becomes a lich. However it's supposed to be hard to retain a good alignment, because the Lichdom ritual is supposed to require very evil things or at least morally despicable, but i guess if you need a human heart or something for the potion, it wouldn't be very evil to get the heart from some maniacal murdering bandit, maybe morally ambiguous, but not evil per se.

I'm very interested, how the OP will handle this in his mod.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be possible for you to make it so you do not have to be an evil character to become a lich? I play as a good vampire. I do not like playing as an evil character. I know this might sound silly. Thank you.

As skulleris said, unfortunately becoming a Lich in TES is probably one of the most evil rituals and acts that you can do, mainly due to the components it requires. I'm trying as much as possible however to weave elements of moral choice into the questline. While the necromancer's followers will be unearthing or getting started on many components, its up to you if you want to stop them completely, or complete the components yourself.

While this mod will focus on achieving the playable Lich form first and foremost, I'll likely add some decent reward for good-aligned players who turn in the hideous artifacts they retrieve to the Vigil of Stendarr or something of that like (if I can acquire some voice actors for the mod!).

From the legendary Illuminated Order to you; I really hope you manage to release this mod. Both the concepts and ideas you describe and the screenshots all look spot on.

Third person "monsters" is just the way Skyrim is, I usually play in 1st person, but I for one can easily accept 3rd person when it's werewolf or vamp lord time. In fact, I find playing in 3rd person harder, but these monsters are a little more powerful so you have some leeway there.

Slow but powerful casting is an intersting idea, and seems like it would require good timing on the players part. I think it's interesting because it would on one hand it would make the lich gameplay stand out a bit, and on the other hand, coveys a sense of ritual and power. Y'know, like when there is a boss battle in a game, they're always charging massive attacks and you have to dodge them etc, it would be cool to BE that boss XDD.

EDIT: I see many voice actors offering their skills in this forum. Skyrim's voice acting community is vibrant, you shouldn't have trouble voicing your mod.

Edited by xumpipe

I'm making good headway with the quest line. Assuming that all goes to plan I'd like to have an early version released by the August 7th (upcoming Wednesday) and then see if there's any major bugfixes / compatibility issues I need to sort out after release.

A quick heads up guys:

After a hard fought week of fighting with the Creation Kit (an entire worldspace managed to delete itself, but I thwarted it with a backup) and puzzling through various lengthy tutorials, the questline is now completed and implemented. The hardest part is out of the way, however I'd like to delay the release by another week. This is partly because I need to go on holiday for a week, but also because I'd like to ensure the first version is the highest quality it can be, and that I attempt to tidy some things up and package it before I release it.

As a consolation however, I'm working on a trailer to show off some stuff and will probably release this before the mod itself to build some hype.

Apologies for the delay, but fret not! Unlimited power will soon be yours with patience!

A quick heads up guys:

After a hard fought week of fighting with the Creation Kit (an entire worldspace managed to delete itself, but I thwarted it with a backup) and puzzling through various lengthy tutorials, the questline is now completed and implemented. The hardest part is out of the way, however I'd like to delay the release by another week. This is partly because I need to go on holiday for a week, but also because I'd like to ensure the first version is the highest quality it can be, and that I attempt to tidy some things up and package it before I release it.

As a consolation however, I'm working on a trailer to show off some stuff and will probably release this before the mod itself to build some hype.

Apologies for the delay, but fret not! Unlimited power will soon be yours with patience!

Well have a nice week off :smile:

I can't wait until i get my

Edited by skulleris