I completed the Stormcloak quest line and did some bounty quests for Jorleif, but Ulfric is still not offering the Thane quests. How do I get them? To be honest, I don't really care for being Thane, but I want the ability to purchase Hjerim, and I don't believe Jorleif has that dialogue option until the Thane quests are started. While I was on my way to the Battle for Whiterun, I decide to clear out White River Watch, but because it was in Whiterun Hold, apparently, while I was doing it, the Battle for Whiterun has already been won without me. Similarly, I managed to get Hjaalmarch without a battle because of Season Unending. However, I did complete the Battle for Fort Neugrad, so that should have still counted as gaining the Jarl's favor, right?

Usually, shortly before the Final Battle of the Civil War (I am not sure at which stage exactly but it is rather late in the questline) Ulfric will tell you that he would like to keep such a reliable person like yourself close at hand and suggests that you buy a house in Windhelm. At which point you should be able to buy Hjerim from Jorleif.

However it might be possible that you have to solve the murder cases in Windhelm as well, before you can acquire the house. Have you finished the quest "Blood on Ice" yet?

Yes, I have the Necromancer's Amulet. It is no longer called the Strange Amulet. Actually, you talking about stages gave me an idea. I think my game skipped that stage that would have normally given Ulfric and Jorleif that dialogue. If I manually complete that stage via the console (which shouldn't cause any other problems as the Civil War is long over by now), it should fix the problem. Of course, I would need to know the quest and stage codes.

Edited by MidbossVyers