Deleting objects in CS?

So you got vanilla stuff into your mod you wanna delete? Well delete them and see what happens. Do it in CS or with TES4Edit, it mostly goes well, to 99% for me or more really. Do not let Kats to scare you as you do take a backup as well of the file? ;)

Well if you know what to delete, TES4Edit is much faster in my opinion. Finding stuff and make more clean deletes, well then CS is very good at it, specially when you are not really sure what you are doing or deleting. :D

Thank you both for your responses! I always had it in the back of my mind that deleting anything was some kind of modding cardinal sin, but then I was reading a tutorial yesterday that involved deleting stuff as one of the steps, so I wasn't sure anymore. I do regularly backup the file so I think I'll finish what I can without deleting anything and then go from there. :smile:

I really appreciate the help!

What Kat and qwerty said. It is a good habit to establish to disable and move stuff out of the way, rather than delete it. The method qwerty suggested is probably the easiest, if you don't mind running the "Undelete and disable" TES4Edit script on the plugin after you are done making your edits.

To elaborate on why: Say your mod deletes a vanilla rock. Another mod wants to move that same rock somewhere else. Assuming both mods are active in a users loadorder the game may decide to go byebye.

If the rock was just disabled through your mod, the worst that could happen was for the rock to just not be where the other mod wants it to be.