Vortex Window size.

jamiechi

Yes. I used to work at Microsoft Hardware. I do know how to use Windows.

My resolution also set at 1920x1080. All other windows for other programs resize properly.

This one does not resize in the vertical.

The horizontal shrinks a bit. To a size a bit over 3/4 total size.

If the window was set to full screen, I would not be able to resize it at all.

I did try backing everything up and re-installing Vortex. Nothing changed.

I did not try to clean anything though before re-installing.

Maybe an old Registry setting messed up during an update? I guess I can look there.

Also thinking of setting my display to the 4k mode. See how that works.

Edit: No real difference. Also tried changing themes to/from compact and default. No difference.

Nothing in Registry that would appear to affect any of this. Resize is hardcoded in program so didn't expect anything anyway.

Are you using display scaling for that display perhaps? If you have a 1920x1080 screen and your scaling setting is 200% for example, then as far as Vortex knows your screen is only 980x540. That's what windows reports, it then goes and scales up the window by 200%.

If that is not it then you have some third-party software or you're using an unofficial Vortex fork because the Vortex we ship can definitively be sized down to 1024x700.

Scaling is at 100%. And I am using the official Vortex as downloaded from the Nexus.

I am using no 3rd party software that I know of that could cause only Vortex and no other programs to work incorrectly.

As I mentioned before. It only happens with Vortex. Other programs and windows are fine.

Is this program using CSS similar to what is in Firefox or another Internet type Explorer?

I have modified Firefox quite a bit. I wonder if that could affect anything. I'll have a look at that.

Edit: I checked my Nvidia settings and scaling is disabled.

I think it is best to ignore this for now. It is definately something strange with my Windows setup.

Setting the window for Vortex to maximized does work ok as expected.