Array of issues when using player.moveto

Sweet6Shooter

I also made sure to test this with no other plugins installed, so it's not that.

okies well scratch my rant about that .

Maybe start again explaining your problem if you still want help .

This script works correctly, the first time. The player arrives at the intended marker in the new worldspace with no issues, once the DM slideshow is done. However, the second time the player selects the second menu option after returning, the load screen starts, then restarts, then the player is placed at the default starting marker in DM, right in front of the fountain.

I've tried commenting out literally every single line I added that the base game doesn't use, and the behavior is still the same.
This script successfully returns the player to the new worldspace, but with a stuck black screen, that only disappears when the console or start menu is opened. Sometimes the load screen stays visible, flickering as it constantly resets.
I've tried commenting out every line other than the one that moves the player, and tried subbing the moveto command into menumode instead of gamemode, and neither made a difference.
It also seems that just raw using the command player.movetofade sDMDryCMapMarkerRef2 in the console fails in the exact same way.
...added a debug print that confirmed that the script is indeed seeing the correct marker, but it still fails. Every time the script is fired, it also respawns any enemies that have the respawn flag in the cell. Enabling fast travel manually before the transportation line doesn't change anything.
I looked into the other mods that allow the player to return, and they use doors that just take you to back and forth. Doing so still has the same problem here. Frequently in tests, the new cell's name is displayed, even though the player hasn't moved.
... the player completes Dead Money, then after they watch the ending slideshow, they go to the new worldspace. That works fine the first time. Then, they pass through the new worldspace, and get to an activator which will take them back to the mojave. This also works the first time. They're then provided a flare gun that allows them to return to the new worldspace, and they can use an activator to return to Dead Money as well. Returning to Dead Money works fine, but then it breaks when they try to leave again. The flare gun to return to the new worldspace also fails.
The line does print in the console, but the player is just moved to the center of the cell again. Sometimes the name of the new cell will show up on the side of the screen, but the player isn't in the new cell. It's so bizarre. Movetofade doesn't do anything different than moveto either.
I also made sure to test this with no other plugins installed, so it's not that.
All of the pertinent markers are persistent xmarkerheading references, positioned just above the floor, not clipping into it, with editor ids. The game can successfully print the editor id of the marker the script is referencing, but it just simply won't move the player out of the Villa Fountain cell, and when the player is brought to the Dry Canyon marker, they successfully arrive, but the screen is stuck black and the game isn't active.
PCB didn't change anything
I also tried making new markers and switching to those, which didn't work.

• 2 weeks later...