Skyrim weather is stupid

GoodfellowGoodspring

I often come across Skyrim's immersion breaking weather and it really annoys me, i can walk from Riverwood to Whiterun on a crystal clear day, i can see Whiterun in the distance with all of its farms in the foreground. As i move closer to Whiterun however the weather will change to rain or foggy in a matter of seconds with no transition period or any sign of a change, then, if i venture back up the road towards Riverwood the weather will still be the same.. even though it was clear only a few moments...

This is also the case for mountainous areas, I will be able to see High Hrothgar from Whiterun, however as I venture up the mountain (im talking about going STRAIGHT up the mountain by using noclip) the weather will suddenly change. You may say this is because if I was actually taking the path from bottom to top the weather would seem transitional as I would be going higher, however if you think about it this weather should have been going on BEFORE I reached there and I should have been able to see the snow from Whiterun and only seeing a haze of High Hrothgar due to the lack of visibility.

Why does weather only 'happen' when the PC is active in that area? Surely if we can see LOD of terrain from miles away we should also be able to see weather coming from that area and the game should record such weather if we decide to go there!