NachoRocket

I found that the Destruction spells in Skyrim being only limited to 3 elements to be kind of restricting. I also thought that the effects of each element was very restricting as well, not allowing for more diverse game-play. After some thought, I had come up with a total of eight elements that can be incorporated into the spell system.

I thought this up when trying to take the classical elements (fire, air, water, earth) and seeing where the already existing frost and shock elements in Skyrim fit in. Ice magic fits in as a secondary element between air and water, while shock magic is between fire and air.

From this, I also came up with wood magic as a secondary for earth and water, as well as metal for earth and fire(I considered using ash, but I didn't like it as much. Also, like light, it is it's own, unique form of magic.).

I have already thought up some spells that can go along with each element. Some of these spells are designed to be used in conjunction with other elements, causing them to become more powerful and leading to more interesting spell synergies.

If someone does plan on making a mod with these spells, feel free to create it, as I can't. Also feel free to add or modify spells to the list below because I am not sure if they are balanced or not.

Each element generally inflicts a unique type of damage and/or effect, as listed below:

fire: fire damage and sets enemies on fire, causing extra damage.

Smouldering Embers: Target takes 5 points of fire damage per second for 10 seconds.

Smoke Screen: You become 20% harder to detect and fire spells that you cast are 15% stronger for 30 seconds.

shock: shock damage, which damages both health and magicka.

Conduit: for 45 seconds, lightning spells cast at you only deal 25% damage while a random NPC within 30 feet receives 75% of the damage. If there is no NPC within 30 feet, you take 125% shock damage from the spell.

Static : For 10 seconds, the target takes 8 shock damage per second, and any NPC within 15 feet of the target take 4 shock damage per second.

air: deals stamina damage and causes movement speed malices or buffs. Would mostly be Alteration magic, but some high level spells could be Destruction.

Gust: A concentration spell that does 16 stamina damage per second and reduces the target's speed by 35%.

Squall: For 45 seconds, enemies within 15 feet of you are slowed down by 20% and take 4 stamina damage per second, and you take 25% less damage from arrows.

Sonic Blast: A fast moving projectile that deals 60 points of damage that can't be resisted.

Swift Breeze: For 120 seconds, you move 100% faster and jump 150% higher.

ice: frost damage, which damages both health and stamina, as well as some movement speed malices.

Cold Blooded: For 30 seconds, you gain a 20% weakness to fire, but ice spells heal you for 15% of the damage dealt.

Frigid Aura: For 25 seconds, enemies that are within a 5 foot radius take 8 frost damage per second and have a 10% chance every second to be frozen solid for 4 seconds.

water: deals magicka damage and reduces the effectiveness of the target's spells. Like the air element, it would mostly be Alteration magic, but some high level spells would be Destruction.

Stream: A concentration spell that deals 16 magicka damage, and spells cast by the target cost 10% more magicka to cast.

Soak: The target 30% more damage from ice spells, while gaining a 10% resistance to fire, for 20 seconds.

Cloaking Fog: For 30 seconds, enemies within 20 feet have their magicka regeneration negated. You also are 10% harder to detect.

Whirlpool: For 60 seconds, you take only 60% damage from spells and you gain 15% spell absorption.

Drown: After 120 seconds, a living target's health is reduced to 5%, with a 10% chance of instant death.

wood: deals small amounts of physical damage and inflicts poison damage.

Splinters: A concentration spell that deals 4 physical damage per second and 1 poison damage per second for 8 seconds.

Venom Root: A wall spell that causes 5 poison damage per second for 10 seconds to NPCs that walk through it.

Poisonwood: A projectile that deals 15 physical damage and 2 poison damage per second for 10 seconds.

Sawdust: The target receives 20% more damage from fire spells for 20 seconds.

earth: deals physical damage with a decent chance for staggering, knock down, or knock back.

Gravel Blast: A concentration spell that deals 6 damage per second and the target has a 25% chance to be staggered every second.

Tremor: For 40 seconds, NPCs within 10 feet of you have a 40% chance to be staggered and a 20% to be knocked down every second.

Stone Throw: A projectile that deals 20 physical damage and has a 30% chance to knock down an opponent.

Fragile Pillar: A pillar of stone is created on the ground, blocking the path of enemies. The pillar explodes when it is hit, dealing 40 damage, 40% chance of knock down, and a 20% chance of knock back to enemies within a 20 foot radius.

metal: deals physical damage as well as bleeding damage.

Caltrops: A wall spell that causes an NPC to take 4 bleeding damage per second for 15 seconds when they walk through it.

Impale: A projectile that deals 10 physical damage, 2 bleeding damage per second for 5 seconds, and causes the target to gain a 15% weakness to shock spells for 10 seconds.

Barbed Wire: The target, for 45 seconds, takes bleeding damage when they move, taking more damage when sprinting or swinging a weapon.

Iron Filings: A concentration spell that deals 2 physical damage per second and 2 bleeding damage per second for 4 seconds.

Quicksilver: For 30 seconds, you have a 35% chance to deflect incoming damage from weapons and arrows, while gaining a 30% weakness to shock spells.

Edited by NachoRocket