MasterJinroku

I've long held onto the idea that Diablo 2 would be an amazing experience played with morrowind's game engine seeing as morrowind's engine has most if not all of the features diablo 2's engine has and more, such as sneaking. The combat systems are near identical as well. I tried my hand at remaking diablo 2 into a mod for morrowind's game engine/launcher with less than satisfactory outcomes in regards to either making this mod without the original morrowind.esm therefore a great deal of labor will have to be poured into making everything playable. Or, by trying to remove the data(scripts, characters etc.) already created in the morrowind.esm in the mod i named "Diablo2.esp" which would have been followed up with "Diablo2LoD.esp". This topic is mostly about trying to find the person(s) who is/are capable of recreating Diablo2 (and D2LoD) to be played with morrowind's game engine or tes3mp. If someone does decide to pick this up and make this dream into a reality, all i ask is that you make the mod near identical to the real Diablo2 game itself.

Edited by MasterJinroku

• 5 months later...

I'm not sure you really understand what you're asking for. The project you are describing would probably take YEARS. Aside from the modifications to the scripts and NPCs, you would have to create/import/modify meshes and textures for every item, weapon, armor, NPCs, creatures, the terrain, etc. Let's face it, while Diablo 2 was and is a fantastic game, but realistically you should just wait for Tamriel Rebuilt, Skyrim Home of the Nords, Project Cyrodiil, The Orsinium Project, and many other amazing groundbreaking mods that our community is currently developing to come to their fruition.

PS: Don't forget to check out Arktwend! I almost forgot. Its Morrowind rebuilt with a Gothic flair to it (like the classic RPG series I believe?). Anyway, I haven't tried it yet but I hear it's great.

And as a bonus there is an enhanced version called The Arktwend Overhaul. These may be more in line with what you are looking for. Hope this helps!