is it possible to make the railroad more confidant

Dvorge

• 4 weeks later...

All factions (except the Institute) nuke the Institute, and it's stupid for all of them, all of whom would benefit from taking it over. Even the BoS could then selectively destroy what they consider too dangerous and become "custodians" of the rest. Since you have to comprehensively defeat Institute forces before you can nuke it, nuking it is always pointless vandalism.

However this much of a change to the main story is beyond what a mod can do. Some mods avoid the ending but none can change it. I don't think a working Institute controlled by another faction is a technical possibility.

All factions (except the Institute) nuke the Institute, and it's stupid for all of them, all of whom would benefit from taking it over. Even the BoS could then selectively destroy what they consider too dangerous and become "custodians" of the rest. Since you have to comprehensively defeat Institute forces before you can nuke it, nuking it is always pointless vandalism.

However this much of a change to the main story is beyond what a mod can do. Some mods avoid the ending but none can change it. I don't think a working Institute controlled by another faction is a technical possibility.

You would be absolutely amazed what modders can do. It's just the amount of work required, and all the changes that would be needed to implement something like this. I very much agree with you, for folks that want to help rebuild the commonwealth, destroying the institute is way beyond stupid. There is such a huge amount of useful technology there, the idea of simply nuking it, it insane.

From a BoS viewpoint I can understand nuking the place. Helping to rebuild is not their mo/goal. They only care for technology and obliterating everything 'dangerous'.

...but for the other factions, why would you?

At least its not like Fawkes saying "I might be perfectly immune, but script says you must go in and die." - (at least, that's what it means)