"Mod Manager Download" Vortex Conflict Between Skyrim SE and Skyrim VR

Skeletonbane
Go to solution Solved by Skeletonbane,

I have both Skyrim Special Edition and Skyrim VR managed by Vortex, but have been unable to get Nexus to download mods to the latter. With both of them managed, whenever I click "Mod Manager Download" on Nexus, the mod will always download into the Skyrim Special Edition folder, and I am unable to use mod manager download to download VR mods. Obviously I could download all my mods manually, or scrap my entire list of mods from Skyrim SE by un-managing it, but is there someway to have both games managed and download mods through Vortex for either? I've been unable to find any solutions to this yet online, or even anyone having the same issue.

For additional information, I'm using Vortex 1.4.15 in Windows 7 Home Premium.

Edited by Skeletonbane

where have you set your mod download folders for skyrim se and skyrim vr?

ideally they should be in separate folders

I'm not really sure how I would do that, since the program seems to use a single download folder...

This won't change the folder the mod is downloaded to it, but it may help with making Vortex stop asking if you're sure you want to install it: https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/224

This... kinda worked? I never had that warning asking if I wanted to install a mod to begin with, I was having trouble getting the mods into the skyrim vr folder. But regardless, downloading this extension has allowed me to download mods from nexus onto vortex and use them for skyrim vr.

Though... all of the mods I had already downloaded for skyrim se are not available, and the mods I download now are placed into both game management screens, which is a bit unnecessary for what I want...

I'll see what I can do.

Okay, after double-checking, skyrim se & skyrim vr are using separate download folders. VortexMods\downloads\skyrimse & VortexMods\downloads\skyrimvr

But even using the Download Game Assigner extension (which allows me to install skyrimse mods into skyrimvr), the downloads are still always going into the skyrimse folder. I have no clue how to get them to download into the skyrimvr folder...

• Solution

Okay I found a workaround, which is to just download the games directly into the folder...

I guess this works, but it feels... cheap. I'm just downloading games manually anyways.

Whatever, I'm still open to feedback if there is any to give, but I'll work with this while I get my mods installed.

Okay, after double-checking, skyrim se & skyrim vr are using separate download folders. VortexMods\downloads\skyrimse & VortexMods\downloads\skyrimvr

Â

But even using the Download Game Assigner extension (which allows me to install skyrimse mods into skyrimvr), the downloads are still always going into the skyrimse folder. I have no clue how to get them to download into the skyrimvr folder...

I mean if you read my post I said that's the exact scenario.

What is the reason that it's so important to you to have the mods in the VR folder? As long as you can install and manage them in the VR part of Vortex, the folder is irrelevant really.