Fores New Idles, XPMSSE -Weird Weapon placement help

richroots

Hello I was using Fores new Idles and XMPSSE and trying to get back to stanard vanilla weapon placement as the new axe weapon placment is firmly attached to the butt of the model and clipping heavily through cloaks. Is there a way to fix this? It's immersive breaking playing as a viking style character. A lot of really nice mods require FNIS and XMPS but it's just hard to ignore how bad the axe placement looks.

How do I get back to standard placement but keep the mods.

Have you double-checked the MCM settings for the skeleton? If you are not on the default settings, you could try to un-check/recheck the battleaxe style, saving the game in between, this is just a guess, however. I have not had to manually adjust FNIS in such a long time, but you could re-check your settings in the patches section.

Have you double-checked the MCM settings for the skeleton? If you are not on the default settings, you could try to un-check/recheck the battleaxe style, saving the game in between, this is just a guess, however. I have not had to manually adjust FNIS in such a long time, but you could re-check your settings in the patches section.

War axe as in one-handed one that used to be on the right hip. Now it firmly resides on the right cheek. Whoever thought this was a better idea is insane.

No I did not check the MCM settings to see if there was an option for OG Skyrim weapon placement. Is there? I installed saw the clipping and uninstalled. I barely know anything about FINIS

Edited by richroots

I have had both installed for quite a long time, and I did not notice any changes in weapon placement from vanilla. It sounds like another mod is changing something around.

The skeleton MCM has some settings for weapon styles, those are the ones I was referring to. Check and see if any are active. I think that none of them are checked on my install.

When running FNIS to update, there is the available patches area where you have to mark which patches you want to run. Make sure that you did not include any patches for mods not installed.