Heavy Traffic ×

how many people are still playing morrowind?

JazzBlack

i would love to play morrowind again but it dose not work on vista i maybe wrong .....

i know you can pick up a copy from.

http://www.amazon.com

or

http://www.amazon.co.uk

only had it on the xbox but never got into it love Oblivion i still have it install on this pc :)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most reasons to play that game yet today were posted already, with MGE it can be yet almost as appealing graphically as Oblivion (and so much machine hungry as it, or more). It is that kind of game made to pass the test of time, for a long time, at least :)

Aye, I haven't played morrowind in about a year or so, maybe longer. I loved this game though, I had it on xbox and spent countless hours exploring, leveling, questing and never fully had that satisfied feeling of "I've completed everything" ...I actually never felt like I completed much at all, there was just so much to do.

Ah Morrowind, I love it so, I play it whenever I get bored with my other games, which used to be a lot lol, but over time, because there were no more new mod projects, it's ability to stay awesome and crisp and clean (as technologically possible) died because no one made new meshes or textures to make it purtier. So I play Oblivion a lot more often now but Morrowind still has more stuff in the vanilla package than Oblivion, I'd even go so far as to say Morrowind by itself is better than Oblivion by itself, once you get passed graphics that is. Although stealing and sneaking failed epicly on Morrowind : '(

I found if you load up morrowind just in the c drive and not in the program files in vista you should have no problem running it. I loaded it up the first time and it worked just fine. I am still playing and I have collected my 120th armour set which is very cool. I have been playing this character for about 300hrs or 2 years in real time. Its still one of the best games ever.

I'd long heard that Morrowind was a great game, but the graphics were a hurdle to overcome. However, after comparing WoW and The Witcher and some other games, and seeing some videos on Youtube showing how Morrowind looks with MGE and various other graphical improvement mods, I've been convinced to try it out. I'll be trying it out when it arrives in the next week or so, I expect.

In anticipation, I'm already gathering some mods for it, though of course I could use some recommendations in that respect.