How to upload mods to the skyrim nexus?

LordSn0w

Ok well I want to upload a mod to the skyrim nexus, it is a follower and game save mod. I played with this character for a long time, then I thought that people would like my characters looks etc. so I used the skyrim face transfer mod and put my characters face on a level 1 character just inside the helgen keep. I also made my character as a follower in the creation kit, so I was wondering if I was gonna upload these mods, should I put them in the same mod just have an optional file for the game save? Or should I have two seperate mods, one is the follower, the other is the game save? Also how do I do this?

It's normally best to keep things separate whenever possible, just so that users have more options available to them. Perhaps release it as one mod with 2 main files, or 1 main file and one optional file - but that's obviously really up to you.

As for releasing the mod onto Nexus - package all required files except for the save game file into a .RAR or .ZIP or .7z file, and ensure that the archive is saved in the same file and folder structure as your Skyrims "Data" folder (the data folder normally being the first and only main folder within the archive). As NMM doesn't install save game files then don't include the option to download with manager (leave on manual download only) and provide clear instructions on your mod page where files are to be placed / general installation instructions. The actual mod page creation process is pretty straight forward, so take it step by step - just sign into Nexus, hover the mouse cursor over the "Files" option, click "Add a file" and the rest should be obvious.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...