My mod doesn't download anymore

JSmashSalted

Hello everyone,

I've been working on a mod in the past couple of months, and a couple of hours ago, after uploading a new version of it, the mod started displaying the message shown in the image (translated from Italian says "Impossible to complete the operation").

Now, what I did in the last update was adding a couple of enemies (a warlock, 3 bandits, 1 orc), some patrolmarkers and a couple of doors.

Probably the error came from something related to a warning about face textures for the bandits...

I tried removing the new stuff and uploading a new version, but it either blocks itself to 100% or it gives me the same error in the image attached

Is there any way I can restore my mod?

Thank you for your time.

[EDIT]

After a couple of hours where the mod got corrupted, the whole .esp file got deleted by the CK!

Fortunately, the CK has a backup folder, where it keeps up to 10 backup files made presumely after the last 10 times you saved your mod.

To use the backup files is really easy:

1) Delete the ".bak" part from the text for your mod (example: "myMod.esp.bak" -> "myMod.esp") and then hit confirm for the change of the file's extension;

2) Drag the .esp file one folder up

3) If that backup is giving you problems, try with a previous backup

Edited by JSmashSalted

• 3 weeks later...

Another good thing is to have your own backup folder, each day of work you copy the .esp in this folder and add an incrementing number and indications after the name of the .esp. Exemple: MySuper Mod.esp is backed as: MySuper Mod 001 before navmeshes.esp

And keep this backup folder on another harddisk.