Why Fable?

m_gobes

I plan on marrying women in every town and luring them into the dark creepy woods, and their doom. By my blade, of course. :)

Wow. After reading that, I realized how damn creepy I've become.

To make up for it, I'll play through the game as a light warrior!

:innocent:

~Valdir

I'm looking forward to it due to the realism. You can evolve your character to be evil or good, as you said. Also the NPC AI seems very nice (unlike Morrowind where you could draw a sword in the street with no reaction :P). It also looks a lot like Morrowind in the way it plays, and as far as I know it's non-linear also. It seems to have quite a few roleplaying elements too (like being able to marry for instance) which is always nice :P

Not to mention the graphics look very pretty, if a little cartoony. ;)

you see, my role in Fable is quite easy to understand really. I plan on earning the title, "Chicken Slayer." Now, for me to achieve my goal I must execute a series of assassinations in various towns about the country. Here on my list I have Chicken01, Chicken47 Chicken52 and finally, the ever evasive Chicken61. Once I have eliminated all of these Chickens and some more, It is my dream to earn that title... :bleh:

LOL :lol:

I myself will go fishing and just enjoy life... Until I meet a pretty young lady which I end up marrying. Several years later her nagging has driven me insane and I kill her and all her family! Loaded with all their valuables I move to a new town, where I immidately kill off all the inhabitants to live happily ever after, by myself!

And I swear to be the first player able to kill a child! :halloween: I will dedicate my entire Fable career to find a way to kill children...

Nah, just kidding... I'm really a nice guy! :innocent: :shifty:

only unlike slaiv, my name is actually obtainable. ONE MORE DAY BABY

Instead of posting a new post, i will edit this one to save space.

~in response to the post below~

Showoff...you and your factual quotes. glad to hear I will be able to get that title though...Something else to shoot for :D

From the IGN Greatest Preview of All Time:

Naming Convention

While you can't choose the name of your hero, you have a massive selection of titles you can purchase. I chose the cheapest from the outset and let me tell you, there's nothing better than having someone approach and say, "Look, look, it's Lord Arseface himself!" I don't kid, that really was my title. And there are plenty more, be they humorous, beneficent, or malevolent.

This is a smart way of making sure that you can still sort of name your character and be able to hear that name in dialogue from a variety of NPCs. Will you be the Royal Chicken Chaser? Probably not, though I couldn't blame you if you did choose such a fine moniker. Instead, you'll likely choose one of those "cool" titles like Destroyer or Avenger or the Vengeful Destroyer or whatever else Big Blue Box has cooking.

I am looking forward t ohow reactive the world is and how it is "alive". Like if you procrastinate to d oa quest it might allready be done by someone else. and how depending on what you do other things change like you personal appearance or the reactions of villagers. Also that boastiing system is pretty neat too.

Archived