Mods appear in Load Order, and esp., bsa. files are visible in Data but still doesn't work

Cerber427

Hello,

So just as the tilte explains, I have multiple mods downloaded, with their requirements, and yet they don't work in-game. I have checked the Data Folder and everything seems to be in order, yet they don't work in-game

A few examples of the mods:

-A Quality World Map with Roads

-Apachii Skyhair

-All Bijin NPC mods

-Celtic Music

-M'rissi's tail of trouble

-Pandorable NPCs (all male mods)

and more.

It's not like nothing is working though, I do have a lot of working mods, but for some reason, a lot of them just straight-up don't.

A good evening

• 2 months later...

Related File Question: Fallout 4. 100% Nexus, Vortex and Steam installs. Accidentally in the MOD Staging Folder I assigned a singular “.esp mod-file” to be opened in Notepad in Win 10. This in fact now also lists most of all my other esp mod file settings to be governed under Notepad as well. Happily, however it appears that any changing of the esp mod file to open into another program does not affect its continued or intended working correctly?

My FO4 with about 40 installed MODS runs perfectly OK. Question: How do I however revert back to the original Vortex created Mod ESP file format within my Mod Staging Folder if desired to do so? A Vortex reinstallation of the MOD will not work. My in-Steam game-file verification is 100%. It seems that Notepad has embedded itself permanently into the FO4 staging ESP folders? Perhaps I need to blow-out all of my mods in Vortex and install all from scratch? Thoughts?

1) This question is unrelated to this topic. You will get much better results if you open your own topics, with a descriptive title.

What you have done has no effect on "Mod ESP file format". You just chose a program to open those files when you click on them. No effect on Vortex or the game.

2) Google Search on "Remove file association" brings up:

Via Windows Settings

Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings.

Step 2: Choose Apps category and click Default apps section in the left pane.

Step 3: In the right pane, click the Reset button to reset to the Microsoft recommended defaults.