Too many body textures?

JamesRook

The basic rule is "you an only use one". There are tricks that allow you to swap textures for your player by manually swapping textures, but afaik, nothing automated (like swapping textures while in game)

You can use more than one texture mod. However, you would have to set one to player only, the other to all others. However, it is best to just use one body texture mod than several.

I'm confused about body textures. Should you only use one? Am I correct if I assume that if I install more than one they will conflict and the lowest in the load order will be the one that works and the other{s} will be ignored?

What is the body mod you are using and the name of all the body textures that are for that mod that you have? Which specific texture(s) do you want use for that mod? Because it sounds like you are trying to install the textures manually.

The reason I ask is because it is easy to get confused by textures that are named alike. Some people will see four texture files in one texture folder that have similar names and think they are suppose to use only one of them out of that one folder, when they are suppose to use all of them in that one folder; because they don't know the difference between - 'namedtexture.dds', 'namedtexture_msn.dds', 'namedtexture_ s.dds', 'namedtexture_sk.dds' - texture files.

Then there are texture files that several different modders will make for just one body mod, and the texture files from each modder are named exactly alike as replacer textures for one main mod. In that case, you pick which one you like and use only one of them; which should overwrite the previous original body texture that came with the mod with the exact same name for example - new 'namedtexture.dds' overwrites old 'namedtexture.dds'.

Edited by PurifierA