jamsey117

Hi,

Skyrim Special Edition is running fine so far with Vortex and the mods I've installed. I'm at the point where I'm trying to create a Bashed patch. Here what I have done to replicate the issue:

Install:

- I installed Wrye Bash using the (currently latest) v309.1 installer.

- I chose SkyrimSE as my game and ensured the file path pointed to the correct location in my steam folder.

- I have checked that the Mopy folder is placed in the same location as SkyrimSE.exe.

- Mopy contains Wrye Bash.exe and other related folders and documents.

Running:

- Running Wrye Bash.exe opens the application as normal. (I do get a "Mismatched BSA Versions" warning)

- It correctly detects the mods I have installed.

- When I go to create a Bashed Patch, I get the following warning: "Update.esm: Bad Top GRUP type: 'VOLI'"

- After googling the issue I found a couple of posts saying that 'VOLI' is SSE specific

- I checked the general settings, and found the Managed Game option was set to 'Skyrim':

- It seems Wrye "thinks" I'm running Skyrim instead of SSE.

(Note: I do not have any other version of Skyrim installed. Only Skyrim Special Edition. Despite this, Wrye seems hell bent on only running for Skyrim. In "C:\Users\user1\Documents\My Games" Wrye, actually CREATES a Skyrim folder with a new Skyrim.ini and Saves folder etc. My actual Skyrim.ini and save games are in a Skyrim Special Edition folder right next to this newly created folder.)

Attempted fixes:

- Changing Managed Game from Skyrim to Skyrim Special edition I get a warning about automatic reinstallation using the proper -o command line argument. The program then proceeds to close but hang in the background and I have to shut down my pc to reopen it.

- Maybe my install was wrong? I've reinstalled a few times now, making absolutely sure I'm selecting the correct options. If you have doubts I can run through the exact steps I take.

- I've looked at the bash_default.ini, and included the line "sOblivionPath=C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition", and saved as bash.ini. I'm not sure about adding in any other lines since they don't seem to be related to what game Wrye is detecting or any path to the Skyrim.ini.

In conclusion, Wrye seems to only want to work for Skyrim and despite installing it in the correct location I'm unable to get it to work for SSE. I feel like I've tried the obvious solutions but I'm just not able to figure it out. Sorry for the length of this post. If it is unclear, or you want more details, please ask. Apologies in advance if I've missed something obvious (as I'm sure I have...).

Love,

Jim