Can't deploy mods due to symbolic links not supported between mod staging folder and game folder

Titian510

I downloaded a few mods and tried to deploy them but all I get are "Some mods are redundant: Some of the enabled mods either contain no files or all files they do contain are entirely overwritten by another mod. These redundant mods don't do any harm except slow down deployment a bit. If you believe this to be a mistake, please file conflicts [shape of thunder] for the mod in question.", "Deployment failed: 17 files were not correctly deployed. The most likely reason is that files were locked by external applications so please ensure no other application has a mod file open, then repeat deployment.", "Symlinks are not supported: It appears symbolic links aren't supported between your staging folder and game folder. On Windows, symbolic links only work on NTFS drives" I don't understand what the problem could be since nothing else is open and both the game XCOM2 and the file where the mods are at are in the same drive(an external drive with a storage of 2 TB).

Guest deleted34304850

open windows explorer, right click the drive, select properties look for file system.

it needs to be ntfs.