PLEASE HELP! MODs not working, need clear instructions!

Wriggerz22

Hi all,

First time poster, although i have spent the last 24-48 hours trying to find answers to my questions on here and i'm probably missing something really simple.

N.B. I do have Skyrim and MODs are working on that with NMM?????

There are so many different posts regarding installation of the MODs and i've tried a few different ways but nothing seems to work.

Had originally installed Witcher 2 and NMM to the Program Files (x86) folder, however re-installed to C:/Games as a precaution.

What's confusing is the number of folders i have linked to Witcher 2:-

C:/Games/Witcher 2 - Installation Folder

Z:/user/My Documents/Witcher 2

C:/Games/Nexus Mod Manager/ Witcher 2 - Seems to be storage for NMM downloads

I have tried installing the MODs using NMM, download goes well, the show to be enabled in the MODs window, however when i launch the userContent Manager nothing appears in the list. When i check the settings in Nexus the MODs directory points to a UserContent folder in the My Documents/Witcher 2 folder. I can see the mods in the folder so i know they're being installed, just not sure if it;s the right location. I have tried amending the directory so it points at the CookedPC folder assuming that's the right location however it doesn't save the change and reverts back as soon as i leave the settings window.

I have tried installing MODs manually, still no dice. I'm happy to do it manually but i have 2 problems:-

1. Not sure what the correct location is......

2. I have 2 of the same file name that i want to use, how do I make these two MODs work together? Both files are replacement base_scripts.dzip. One is 'Extra Talents per Lv' the other is 'Modified Scripts 648....' (gives all level 1 training skills).

Can someone explain exactly how to configure NMM to work properly with Witcher 2 or explain how to manually install them and combine multiple mods of the same file name?

Running on Windows 8 with Enhanced Edition of Witcher 2.

Please help, I don't want to start a game until i've been able to sort out the mods. Feel i'd be missing out on all the great work done by the community.

Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

There is an easy way, if you have NMM, when you download a mod manually, just put it in a file, and on NMM, click on add mod from file, and go to your download and click on it. It should download to NMM. After that, in NMM, under mods or plugins, make sure you check all mods and if the mods you have have an X by it, click on it once and over to the right click on activate mod (should look like a puzzle piece with a green arrow) and that installs the mod and puts the files in the correct spots.

Downloading a mod from Nexus to NMM is the same thing, it puts it in NMM and you can activate it. If it's not from Nexus, just put it in a file, and do the same thing you did for manually. There is also youtube videos that show you how to download mods from NMM.

Thanks for the quick reply Adriane, unfortunately that is where the process fails.

I have added MODs both manually and downloaded through NMM, and i have been able to activate them, however when i launch the game they don't appear in the Content Manager screen for Witcher 2.

Can you tell me which folder the MOD directory should be under Settings - Witcher 2 TAB???

Hi guys,

I'll apologise now for any inconvenience i've cuased anyone. It appears i was reading too much in to the fact that the mods weren't showing up in Content Manager.

I spent a little time playing last night and it appears that at least one of the MODs was working. But another MOD didn't. Some more trial and error should provide some answers.

I think i'll stick to manual Modding, but unfortunately i won't be able to stack MODs that use the same file..... i.e. "base_scripts.dzip"

I would still be interested in seeing a complete guide, if there is one. I have had a look around and there is a lot of info but nothing aimed at complete newbies, not that i can see.

Anyway it's Friday, if i don't here from anyone have a great weekend all!!!!!

Peace