Why does the game not work?

Papajack55

I took my Skyrim game off and re-installed it again. I put the same mods on I had before. Why did it for some reason stop working and I have to get out of the game to figure this out? Can anyone help, and if so thank you in advance.

How did you take your game "off"?

Did you create a vanilla game or just used Steam's uninstaller? If you used Steam's uninstaller all that does is delete local files. as it says. This leaves literally a hundred or more files behind which are reinstalled when you reinstall the game. Thus defeating the whole purpose of uninstalling the game in the first place.

First, I took the game off of steam, then that finished, I took the game physically off the computer. Then I started over by re-installing the game all over again. I havenât tested it yet after rebooting my computer. Think that might be the caseâ¦..Wonderingâ¦Will let you know if that was the caseâ¦Thanks for an answer, and if that didnât do it, any other ideas??

By "off" do you mean you uninstalled it?

Look in Users\your name\Documents\MY Games\Skyrim and see if there are any files there.

I assume when you say you took it physically off your computer you went to Steam>steam apps>common>Skyrim and deleted that file. If that is the case there are still many files related to Skyrim on your computer which will be reinstalled when you reinstall Skyrim. When you install and play Skyrim the game installs files on your computer in a few areas, not only in Documents\My Games\Skyrim.

Okay, I fixed it on my own. What I had to do was reboot my computer and the new game replayed again like there was nothing wrong. I guess a fresh re-boot always helps,HUH?...lol

That's including the saves on there also. Thanks for your help, everyone. Much appreciated.

Edited by Papajack55

Look in Users\your name\Documents\MY Games\Skyrim and see if there are any files there.

I assume when you say you took it physically off your computer you went to Steam>steam apps>common>Skyrim and deleted that file. If that is the case there are still many files related to Skyrim on your computer which will be reinstalled when you reinstall Skyrim. When you install and play Skyrim the game installs files on your computer in a few areas, not only in Documents\My Games\Skyrim.

To answer your question, yes, I meant un-installed the game through steam first, then un-installed the files also by hand. (removing the files by deleting them)

But, all's well now, and thank you