Skyrim framerate drop/lag

Barum

I always get framerate drops / lags exterior and interior, and I do not know the cause.

Could someone help out with this?

Load order:

Your RAM is really low, your Processor is quite weak only 1 core

Exactly what is your Video card.

Run Skyrim Performance Monitor while you play. it will show you how much of everything is being used and create a chart for you too.

Pretty sure your pc is just a little weak to play skyrim modded.

Your RAM is really low, your Processor is quite weak only 1 core

Exactly what is your Video card.

Run Skyrim Performance Monitor while you play. it will show you how much of everything is being used and create a chart for you too.

Pretty sure your pc is just a little weak to play skyrim modded.

Videocard is 1024 MB

I used the Program and the memory usage wen up to ~930 MB, if I can recall correctly.

You don't specify just what your current FPS is. If you are getting above 30 you are doing better than the console players already. But with those specs, I doubt if you are going to be able to maintain 30.

Try to cut down on any background processes - especially things like Skype, VOIP or any background process that accesses the internet at all. Playing Skyrim, put Steam in offline and disable internet. (steam offline still tries to call home if there is an internet connection) Then stay away from any mods that stress RAM - such as ENB mods or heavy graphics mods. Use a program like FRAPS to monitor your actual FPS. Adding another 1G of ram bringing it to 3G can make a big difference - Bringing it up to 4G will help a little, but not nearly as much.

Cap your FPS to keep it from jumping around so much jumping up to 40 and down to 25 makes it look bad, while a constant 25 actually looks pretty good, and a constant 30 is what the console players see. After doing everything else to get FPS up, play around with the cap to find the smoothest performance.

If you are on a laptop, often the Video ram is shared with the system ram and any increase in ram can give a big increase in performance.

Well, idk what i can say except you can't play skyrim modded with decent fps with those specs

Even though it's not at max on your gpu it's still taking quite a toll on it. your RAM is too low.

And the intel processor is bleh beyond bleh. RAM+ proc is your problem atm. if you upgrade them you could do it relatively cheap.

a cheap 2 core am3 processor and 4 gb worth of ram Id go 8gb though. you can get for around 100$