paulr0013

paulr0013

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,489 posts
In response to post #100573268.

Spoiler

Hi,

You could give this priority over WLC if you want, but it doesn't matter.  Same goes for Brothers in Arms.  WLC for the most part doesn't add new strings; it makes the content accessible in the glossary while using the game's vanilla text.  It adds a handful of strings using new string numbers, so they won't conflict with this mod.  I reviewed the strings contained in WLC and they are all correct.

I created this mod with WLC installed and verified it, and in my mod setup I give WLC higher priority.  So give priority to whichever you want, but it really doesn't matter. :)

Edited by paulr0013, 16 October 2021 - 11:23 AM.

FireFoxEnergy

FireFoxEnergy

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
In response to post #100573268. #100573978 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

Perfect, thank you...

As i am starting a new game (never had the chance to finish it in the past) , I have decided to translate your mod while going through the story (to avoid spoilers). To do so, I edited the file from "en" to "it" so that your changes will appear in my game even if the language is set to Italian. When i will spot the entries in english, i will replace them with the italian lines, but making sure to keep the formatting and the other changes you made.

Of course, the lines that contained only typos in the english version, might be just fine in italian; therefore, in that case, i will replace them with the vanilla italian version.

Thank you so much for your amazing work!

Edited by FireFoxEnergy, 16 October 2021 - 02:41 PM.

paulr0013

paulr0013

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,489 posts
In response to post #100573268. #100573978, #100579988 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

That's a really clever idea!  Good luck, and let me know how it turns out :D

guandsleepingpills

guandsleepingpills

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Thank you vry much f. your hard work! This goes straight into my essentials! :)

paulr0013

paulr0013

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,489 posts
*** Version 2.0 now available ***

Version 2.0 added another 300 lines of text.  Grammar of the Path mod now contains 1,321 unique lines of text and more than 2,000 edits.

glassfish777

glassfish777

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
Wow another update! Thanks. I thought you had packed up your modding tools for a while?

paulr0013

paulr0013

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,489 posts
In response to post #101092913.

Spoiler

I did.  I have.  But there were a few fixes I was sitting on for BiA, and some of them tie into this mod.  I decided to release both updates together so that everyone can enjoy them and not have them just sitting idly on my computer. :)  I have nothing else planned after this.

skydoespoint

skydoespoint

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
Greetings! I appreciate and endorse your work and touch as a second grade english teacher. Great work. :)

Could you breathe some insight to me? I'm also working on a massive mod, and it has 700+ entries in strings. What do you use to compile & construct the files? My encoder (wolvenkit integrated w3strings encoder) is struggling and I always have to cut out some text for it to work, and that's really really bad. I hate to have to paraphrase stories.. :/

paulr0013

paulr0013

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,489 posts
In response to post #101124688.

Spoiler

Hi skydoespoint,

I use a batch file.  Basically I have a text file set up with all the raw text strings in it, then execute the batch file,  It then picks up the text file, runs it through an encoder, and creates the en.w3strings file.  If you PM me, I can send you the code for the batch file.  You'll have to update the variables to match the file paths on your system, but it's really easy to use.  Just double click it and 5 seconds later it's done. :)

skydoespoint

skydoespoint

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts
In response to post #101124688. #101129673 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

so good, thanks a lot! here i come, knock knock :D

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.879 seconds