WHat Constitutes "Piracy"?

Zanderat

give me an explicit name not the genre.

i want to know the name of the software you describe as "unhackable software".

Software used by the Hellenic Ministry of Infrastructure which i had the pleasure to work with during Classes that i can't remember its name and is one of multiple Software that were attacked over the last decade unable to be broken. Good luck with that.

I guess thats not why your asking anyway so lets just live it at that.

I Still refuse to believe Companies haven't come up with a solution having my own reasons and opinion and no intent to argue. Have a nice time.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's unlikely any software is unhackable. Whether or not a hack exists though is going to depend on how useful said application is within a certain space (mainly for personal use). For example, those apps might not have been hacked simply due to those who typically would use them, have no reason to pirate them.

I rather agree with Bunny on this one. For many hackers, there's a great degree of satisfaction from hacking something which is said to be unhackable--but it definitely helps if the "unhackable" software is interesting to the hacker in its own right. Otherwise, where's the fun?

Disclosure: I am not a hacker...although I did dream of being one as a child--well, that and being an Egyptologist. :D

Guest deleted34304850

Software used by the Hellenic Ministry of Infrastructure which i had the pleasure to work with during Classes that i can't remember its name and is one of multiple Software that were attacked over the last decade unable to be broken. Good luck with that.

I Still refuse to believe Companies haven't come up with a solution having my own reasons and opinion and no intent to argue. Have a nice time.

so you're full of crap then? ok, thanks for confirming.

Niche software is rarely cracked. Popular software is frequently hacked. (Games....) Consider the game Spore. When the company was hyping it, they claimed it was unhackable. They were proved wrong when a pirate copy of the game hit the internet THREE WEEKS BEFORE the game was officially release.

DRM is a waste of time, effort, and money. There is no such thing as 'unhackable', some are just more difficult than others. This is especially true when it comes to single-player games. So far, I have yet to see a game, or an update for a game, (or, simply the updated game) that HASN'T been hacked within days of release.

so you're full of crap then? ok, thanks for confirming.

Why don't you call the ministry and ask them yourself? ;)

because i already know what i'm talking about.

that makes a stack of difference in a conversation.

Fair enough. In any case in regards to Gaming i find the techniques used by Consoles the best. In-build programms where as soon as your device detects a non legal identity that's it. Busted. I think this can be perfectly implemented to Windows.

Edited by Guest