How to install mods for this game with Vortex?

Glenn81

I installed a bunch of mods through vortex and one manually because it didn't have a Vortex install option. The manual one (Better planet generation) I copied into the PCBANKS/MODS folder, all the others landed in a separate folder that Vortex created named e:\vortex-mods

When I tried to set the game folder as the install folder for mods, Vortex said "The folder must be empty".

One of the Vortex installed mods is stack size increase and that clearly doesn't work, the stacks are still limited to 100 instead of the 250 in the mod.

When I try setting the Binaries folder as the target (since the exe is in there), I get the error message "You can not put mods into the game directory. This directory is under the control of the game (and potentially Steam or similar) so your mods might be deleted or moved or otherwise damaged by foreign software. Please choose a separate folder for staging folder, one that no other application uses."

Same message comes when I try to Gamedata folder or the pcbanks or the mods folder.

The mods are all in the staging folder and the disablemods.txt is also deleted