Live Another Life

IndigoGollum

Having an alternative start mod for Oblivion that's more like Live Another Life for Skyrim would be a great improvement over the current mods I've found. There's already a few that start the player at various locations around Cyrodiil but none are as good as the options for Skyrim.

• 6 months later...

Oki. Arriving by ship is already in Morroblivion... ;)

I have restarted thegame several times myself and are a bit tired of the start we do. I will look into this, one day as I am working on another wip right now, which only taken me 2 years so far. I will consider it.

4 things must be included and if I miss anything, let me know.

1. Character Creating menu
  2. Constilation Menu
  3. Skills Menu
  4. Finalizing as when you go out from the sewers.

Otherwise the quest could have anything included... ,)

As you many quests starts in the cell Sewers03, it is best, fastest and easiest to add a mages portal in the starter cell tat takes you to Sewers03 and you must spend at least 5 seconds there, so 5s run from the door out from the sewers.

We must also add the Amulet of Kings and set queststage to finding Joufree.

Guest deleted2027229

He's asking for a random start mod.... so you make a new game and just appear in any random cell so you can just start playing without being the hero.

Okay. But if I make something, it will be something that i will have use of myself as well. A mod without these rules is pointless to me and for a majority of the TES players. So you have to make it that way, as I will not. :wink:

It will in any case be my mod, my rules. Will you make a mod that you will never use your self for free, without any form of compensation?

Edited by Pellape

I do see the point with tou have. Trust me on that point. Specially as a majority of the players do not like the story nor care about the quest immersions. Only 5% of the players at a true RP server knows how to RP and what RP is so i know this. They only want to fight stuff, not RP. I care about the immersion, so therefor i will not do it. I have my reputation as a good Role Player (RP) to protect, and I will. It is not good RP wise, to destroy the main story in the game, which such an edit will actually do. It will break the story. The player that use the mod, will ignore the description, not know what they are doing and blaim me for breaking their game.

You have to do this your self if you want it done. If you need my help doing it, so be it, do not mention I did help you and do not credit me. I do not want any public knowledge at all that I helped you do it, if you do this at all. So keep that part secret.

So start up CS or CSE and we get started. Start inside the cell where the player starts. Cellname:

ImperialDungeon01
Tell me when you want to do the next step. :wink: get me thecell name that is most proper to go to to get around this part of the Oblivion game you dislike. :D

--------------------------------------------------

Actually. The player only needs to open the console and type:

COC ICArena
..and that takes him straight into the arena so he can fight as fast as possible :wink: Well you can COC anywhere you like really, to every single cell in the game :D To move to a specific mapmarker like the one in the Mercant center of IC, just type:

player.moveto 94c36
That is much safer then coc to the arena as it will not get you killed.

When i restart the game, i cheat these days. I go to my house, with the console, grab all stuff that I will ever use for the rest of the game play until I crash again, hard crash, get some spells, my bow, my lovely sword and perfect shield and 200 arrows. Go back to the cell, kill all stuff fast, start all quests, keep an eye and the clock, watching how long I will get until the game breaks. I am out from the prison withing 2 hours instead of 4 hours. Only backside is the slow speed a newbie player has asI refuse to cheat with the skills. I buy training later from master trainers with gold as we get more gold then we can ever spend anyway. It is still immersive and good RP. :D

Restarting a broken save game is always best. This last restart I did make works perfect. What breaks the game? If I make a wild guess, editing and changing variables in running scripts or rather in scripts that are active in player saved games, will make the whole game confused and bloated but not adding stuff to a script. It can break when we delete stuff, either in game or inside a script. not adding. I rewrite scripts that was not good enough, so I am prepared to start all over as the scripts must be perfect before I release them, without junk anywhere. I want 100% control over what i am doing. :D My game is a test environment, to see when it breaks... :wink: I will break it again, sooner or later. I must delete junk code, as I cannot publish junk. Only good stuff, nothing else.

I have clocked the tutorial to see how long time it takes. 4 hours is along time, if you where forced to restart the game, no doubt. 2 hours is the fastest I have been able to do it I guess. It did feel like 2 hours last week. I really do not know. i liked it really, as I felt relaxed doing it - Again, for the 27th time or what ever... :D I did one hit killed every monster that tried to attack me. Looted them even and I had fun doing it. I brought my 3 small companion pets that i made to not hit them with my arrows, to do it faster but it was not really necessary. I shoot above them... :wink: They do get stuck in the sewers as they are to small for steps, but I made a patch for it, so they can move in the sewers as well without getting stuck anywhere, well mostly... . If I loose them, they port to the player ifthe distance gets over 5000. I do not worry about them at all, not to get them lost anywhere. If they do get lost or get outside the cell, which happen as monsters can hit them so they fly through the walls. Then i use a spell to recall and summon them again. I cannot get them lost anywhere, it is so far impossible :D So damn good and convenient... :wink: One day someone will find a way to really loose them and then we have to sort that mess out... :wink:

This is perfection and this is how I play the game after 26 years playing TES since 1996 and got started in Daggerfall. :D I still find new stuff, new ways of doing things, it is not perfect yet... :wink: Tamriel is amassing. I plan to stay there as long as possible :D I think twice before each change. I think so hard sometimes, I get migraine... Then I take a rest.

I just recalled. Anyone that want most action ever made in a game and less RP and less Immersion, should try DOOM. It is the most violent and stressful game ever made. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFnOLFd_ByQ

I did platy DOOM and also DOOM II, I almost got a heartattack doing it as well. :wink: It was 1992 on PlayStation 1 I think. Damn, I do feel a bit old... :wink:

Edited by Pellape