Modification Request for Roughin It Bedroll Kit

XTgrndr

This is one of my favorite items in Fallout New Vegas:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Roughin%27_it!_bedroll_kit

I downloaded this mod:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/39067/

But it's not quite the same for me, in terms of immersion.

It's using a trash item icon and it's stored in Misc instead of Aid.

If it's possible, can someone migrate the code to the Roughin It Bedroll Kit so this kit actually is an interactable item?

IIRC, for legal reasons, in order to use the exact code from the Lonesome Road Roughin' It Bedroll, you need to have Lonesome Road as one of the loaded master files. Which of course defeats the purpose of having an independent Bedroll mod in the first place.

So do you not have Lonesome Road? If so, it's currently on sale now for $1.24 here in the United States on Steam.

Edited by dangman4ever

Yes, I have the legal version of Lonesome Road, so that's not a problem.

I just wanted the LR bedroll to be more interactive, like the mod.

Now, I'm not an expert by any means, but surely there is a way to create a mod that won't add the item without Lonesome Road installed?

Just something that modifies the code so instead of getting a prompt to sleep, you actually put it on the ground, roll it out and then pick it up again after you are done with it.

Not really no.

If the mod could be adjusted to have a Pipboy icon (something that shows as a bedroll instead of the junk icon) and placed in Aid instead of Misc, it would be perfect.

I don't want it in Misc, because there's so much game junk in there already, the Bedroll would get a bit lost.

I would mod it myself, but the few times I attempted to create mods or use G.E.C.K. in general, it kept crashing.

That's when I stopped learning about modding, since I can't use the G.E.C.K. tool to do it, it's irrevalent to actually study how to make mods.

Which is why I request them, being unable to make them myself.

I probably should have used the LR Bedroll kit and the bedroll mod before I started modding the Bedroll kit.

OH well, I did make it so that Bedroll mod is now part of the AID section. However left clicking on it will cause the bedroll to be "ingested" and therefore completely disappear from your inventory. I have an idea of how to stop that but it's going to require a scripting ability thats far above my ability to script. But, right clicking on it will drop the bedroll in its rolled up form. From there, you can interact with it normally.

As for the icon, that's gonna take a bit of time since I do not know how to make fallout style icons. That is unless you don't mind having LR as a requirement in which case I can just reuse the icon for the LR Bedroll.

Let me know your thoughts.

Left-clicking is equipping an item yes?

I'll make a note to avoid doing that then.

And no, I don't mind having LR as a requirement, since I already have a legal copy of the DLC.

So reusing the icon is perfectly okay with me.

Thank you for making the changes.

Edited by XTgrndr

I had to change the name of the filename and get a new bedroll from Mesquite crater.

But otherwise it looks like it's working.

Not sure the WellRested addition was necessary though, as I have a perk that gives me WellRested wherever I sleep.

But I suppose players without the perk would appreciate it.

Thank you again for the modification.

Maybe you can find someone with greater knowledge of scripting to fix the flaw?

Edited by XTgrndr